Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all have out opinions on the Toyota issues.. my question is " Have you received a recall notice? "

I have not received anything from Toyota- on my 07 DC..

my truck went out of warranty this week.. 3 years gone.. the ONLY time it has been back at the dealer was for the recall on the drive shaft ( not applicable to mine) and aside from washing --changing the fluids -- not a single issue in 28k miles

Joe

·
Registered
104 Posts
no notice in the mail but when I logged into the toyotaowners.com website it came up on my vin # and I just printed that to bring to the dealer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I received a Safety Recall Notice "Interim Information for Potential Floor Mat Interference with Accelerator Pedal". I have not yet received anything on the shim fix. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
we all have out opinions on the Toyota issues.. my question is " Have you received a recall notice? "

I have not received anything from Toyota- on my 07 DC..

my truck went out of warranty this week.. 3 years gone.. the ONLY time it has been back at the dealer was for the recall on the drive shaft ( not applicable to mine) and aside from washing --changing the fluids -- not a single issue in 28k miles

Joe
Sure have - for the floormat recall. Now waiting for the pedal recall letter (but realistically, i'm waiting for the dealer to have the parts first before taking it in). :)

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you want to have the gas pedal recall fix... just call up the dealer and make appointment. I got it done yesterday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Joust call your dealer, I had mine done last week, I called dealer and was told to bring it in, to have the gas pedal mod done. i did not have a recall notice.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I have NOT been contacted yet on this recall. I did receive one about 2 months ago about the floormat issue, but never received a response of when to take it in.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I have NOT been contacted yet on this recall. I did receive one about 2 months ago about the floormat issue, but never received a response of when to take it in.
Same here. I don't think anyone has gotten a written notice yet but ALL of the local dealers here have run TV ads about it. Mostly hype about what a great job they are doing with fixing the problem.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The only letters I received were from FORD, NISAN, DODGE on how they can take my TUNDRA vehicle off my hands for blue book plus 1,000 bucks as trade for one of theirs.

Guess Toyota thinks we all belong to T.S. FORUM!

If I trade, it would be for a 4runner in 3 years.

We will see what trucks will be available IN 3-4 YEARS.

I am no TOYOTA loyalist, MAY THE BEST VEHICLE win.

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
Holy crap! 28K in three years! I put 30k in one year on a crewmax i turned in last october. Wish i could keep my miles down, but it looks like my DC is headed in the same direction. Gotta love fillin up the tank.:first:

:focus:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Nothing from Toyota as of today. Probably doesn't apply to my truck because of the Salsa Red color! :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
if u click the info on the floor mat entrapment bs recall, it does say they are reshaping the pedal on my truck...no thank you. whats interesting is they say the floor on camry and avalon models will be reconfigured to allow more space between the floor and the pedal...what do they do, smash it with a hammer to bend it down?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Nothing from Toyota as of today. Probably doesn't apply to my truck because of the Salsa Red color! :D
Mine too! Maybe sudden acceleration is expected from the Salsa Red trucks?:first:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Negative Ghostrider.....nothing but the floormat thing a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I haven't got anything on either yet.........but now I know why my truck is so quick,,It's SALSA

·
Registered
500 Posts
I received a letter a week ago from Toyota Canada.

However, the jist of the letter is that they are "initiating a safety campaign" and "Toyota has determined a safety defect relating to the accelerator pedal".

It goes on to answer a few questions but ends in "Toyota will notify you when a campaign remedy for your vehicle is ready." Although, we already know the fix has been in for at least a couple of weeks. I haven't received the follow up letter yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did receive a letter a few months ago concerning the floor mat issue, Took my 07 XSP in for an oil change, they offered to fix the pedal issue with the shim repair, took them about 20 minutes to fix it, this was done with out any recall letter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never got a letter but got emails from my dealership telling me to schedule an apointment. Sort of funny I was the only Tundra there. All Camrys and Corollas. Got mine done yesterday and had a 10 am apointment. They said it would take 3 hours to get it done. I blew up and went to the head of service and asked him why when they told me on the phone earlier it would only take 30 minutes. He started babling something about we have 140 cars to do today. After some more *****ing and moaning the pulled my truck in and got it done in like 15 minutes. Seamed a little strange it went from 3 hours to 15 minutes. I would love to see if they even did anything.:confused:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts