Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the inside of my headlights are starting to see some haze, no condensation, just getting hazey.

Any ideas of what could cause this. I do have an HID/projector retrofit on them, could anything from that cause this. The truck isn't even a year old and I barely even drive it.

I sent them in to get them looked at from the company who did the retrofit, anything I can do in the future to help prevent this.

I know others have done the retrofit without this issue...

ugh...this sucks and it doesn't look very good

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
off gassing or fumes from adhesive...especially if anything like superglue was used...and theres not going to be anything that can remove it if its hazing like that for that reason... kinda like how crime scene techs can use superglue fumes to harden on finger prints on paper etc so they can be preserved, and lifted... i hope thats not the issue but i bet its either off gassing from paint, gule/adhesive or somethign like that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My one cent...I agree with Barney_Fife. My first thought anyway. Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got the same thing after I put in the H.I.D's. Probably just a small spot right at the center of the plastic right? I ended up taking the housings apart and used some FLITZ polish in there and it cleaned it right up (use a microfiber cloth), then since I already had the lights open I did the black headlight mod. Fun times!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Heat from the HIDs. My Z is doing the same crap from the inside out, bugs the hell out of me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Heat from the HIDs. My Z is doing the same crap from the inside out, bugs the hell out of me.
HIDs run cooler. You can feel the difference from halogen and HIDs. Although with a projector, it seems like it magnifies the beam so that may cause it to be hotter...:beatsme:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
HIDs are run cooler. You can feel the difference from halogen and HIDs. Although with a projector, it seems like it magnifies the beam so that may cause it to be hotter...:beatsme:
Make sense, points sent

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, if its from the HID's then Im pretty much screwed and once I get it cleaned up it is just going to come back?

haparide - mind was getting hazey throughout the entire inside of the lens, not just in front of the HID.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
You got any pics??

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You got any pics??
I think I do somewhere, I just sent my headlights in yesterday to the company who did the retrofit so I can't take any pics right now

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Although with a projector, it seems like it magnifies the beam so that may cause it to be hotter...:beatsme:
This may be true. On my Z, where the projector puts the beam is where the fade is starting from the inside. :td:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts