Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my JVC KD-HDR1 high definition aftermarket radio for a few years now and have always had issues with it locking when in/near the city. It's fine when I'm on the open highway. It appears to be suffering from multipath distortion.

I'm wondering if anyone suffers from the same issue and has managed to overcome it with something like a diversity antenna setup (e.g. two antenna that switch between each other depending upon the strongest signal). Nissan has had this setup in some of their cars for years.

Right now I listen to my satellite radio mostly, but would like to listen to the HD radio more often if it would consistently lock on more.

If no one has an 'out of the box' solution, but still has the same problem, let me know and I'll see about coming up a custom solution...I have a few circuit ideas in mind.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I've got the HDR20 and no trouble. The HDR1 is an older model? You might call Crutchfield and ask them if you get no takers here.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the HDR20 and no trouble. The HDR1 is an older model?
Yeah, the HDR1 is probably the first affordable HD radio to come out. The FM sensitivity must have gotten much better since then. I may have to check out some of the newer models, if no one else has a problem with theirs.

I'd like to have a USB port with one if possible. I've got a 32GB flashdrive loaded with music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts