Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tundra 05 DC
I am a little disappointed with the power/sound of the JBL system that came with the truck. Does anyone know the specs on this unit (single cd player) how much power it puts out. What would you recommend for a new system without out going over the top $$$. I really like things to look as close to stock as possible. Pictures of your systems would be nice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Apline makes some really nice head units that integrates an ipod so you can change songs on your ipod using the steering wheel controls...

and if your considering selling your stock JBL head unit and amp PM me :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
can you guys with aftermarket HU please take some pics? I also would like to change my crappy stock HU for something better but i'm affraid of losing the stock look.

Thanks guys,

Tony

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just ordered a Sony MEX-5000, Sony eSupport - MEX-BT5000 (company on eBay screwed up and sold it to me for $234) XM and Bluetooth ready.

Sony MEX-BT5000 CD receiver with Bluetooth technology and MP3/WMA playback at Crutchfield.com

However Crutch has THE BEST price on the XM tuner and adaptor $49.
XM Direct Satellite Radio Package XM radio and adapter cable for Sony stereos at Crutchfield.com

I can't wait to rip the entire stock Toyota audio system out of there. Already got the panels off and salivating at the sound of the FedEx truck pulling up.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P690UB
It has USB input and comes with a cable to connect a Ipod without buying anything extra. Not bad for $250 shipped to my door on Amazon.

I installed a 5 channel amp (alphasonik), but only hooked up 4 channels to the main speakers and the amp puts out 75 watts rms to each speaker and installed Scosche 6.5" component speakers, able to handle 100 watts rms. Sounds awesome!

sorry, no pics of mine yet, but I just got a new cam, so might have some soon.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Look in my gallery for a pic of my eclipse nav unit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you are looking for a great head unit with a stock look go with a Nakamichi. my father has one in his truck and it has great sound quality and is not flashy at all.

·
Registered
374 Posts
JVC EXAD KD-NX5000 3.5" Navigation DVD CD Receiver

1 - 12 of 12 Posts