Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 DC Tundra 4.7 v8 and have had the ssautochrome headers for about a year and a half with no complaints. My gaskets have went bad and I have tried contacting ssautochrome with several emails asking about new gaskets. JEGS, NAPA, Summit, and other auto parts stores have all said they can not get a gasket set for me. Does anyone know if ssautochrome is the only place I can get new gaskets?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Most recommend the Toyota OEM gaskets. I used Fel-Pro gasket for mine. They were identical to, but cheaper than the OEMs. I got mine from rockauto.com.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Most of the time you should not use the gaskets supplied by header manufacturers in their kits. They will cut corners to maximize profit, and their gaskets are often an afterthought.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so just stock gaskets? Why would the guys at all the auto parts store say that I cant use them then?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Ok so just stock gaskets? Why would the guys at all the auto parts store say that I cant use them then?
Cuz they're full of sh!t!:D They just want to sell you new crappy gaskets every year or so. If you search for header threads on here, you will see that most people run the OEM style gaskets with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts