Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found two sets of headers for a 2000-2004 tundra for $100 a pair that someone is trying to get rid of. They are brand new and haven't been used.. I know install is difficult, so how much should it cost me to get a shop to do it? Is this even a good idea? If I buy both sets would anyone be interested in buying one from me? :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Short tube? Long tube? Brand?

·
Forum Admin
8,252 Posts
I would say a good estimate is 6-8 hours of labor. Whatever their hourly labor rate is may vary significantly.

Also, if your truck is 2WD, you should negotiate a lower price. Installation on a truck without a front diff in the way makes things a little easier to access.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
BAHAHA I worked for Toyota for 3 Years as a Technician..... All data calls for 5.4 Hours LEFT SIDE, 5.3 Hours Right Side or..... 6.9 HOURS BOTH SIDES.
Not a job most flat rate technicians wanted lol.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Better make sure there California legal! There should be numbers on the headers. You don't want to spend all the hrs/$$$ and then have to take em off due to slogging your truck.

·
Forum Admin
8,252 Posts
Better make sure there California legal! There should be numbers on the headers. You don't want to spend all the hrs/$$$ and then have to take em off due to slogging your truck.
that could be why seller is dumping them so cheap

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
BAHAHA I worked for Toyota for 3 Years as a Technician..... All data calls for 5.4 Hours LEFT SIDE, 5.3 Hours Right Side or..... 6.9 HOURS BOTH SIDES.
Not a job most flat rate technicians wanted lol.
Probably because Toyota adds hours to their advantage, note how the difference between the total and either side is only an hour. It isn't that bad as long as you aren't afraid to do it. 5-6 hours if your truck isn't rusty, longer if it is.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,552 Posts
Probably because Toyota adds hours to their advantage, note how the difference between the total and either side is only an hour. It isn't that bad as long as you aren't afraid to do it. 5-6 hours if your truck isn't rusty, longer if it is.
Are you adjusting for the beer factor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts