Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, anyone around the area ever installed headers? I might get a set of them here soon, and i would be wondering if anyone had the knowledge to give a helping hand! If anyone might be interested in putting these on for me, i'd be glad to offer my help, lunch, dinner, and some cash on the side! If anyone knows of any good shops i could look into also that is a good help! If i can find a shop to do it for a reasonable price then i'll look into that. thanks

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
hey guys, anyone around the area ever installed headers? I might get a set of them here soon, and i would be wondering if anyone had the knowledge to give a helping hand! If anyone might be interested in putting these on for me, i'd be glad to offer my help, lunch, dinner, and some cash on the side! If anyone knows of any good shops i could look into also that is a good help! If i can find a shop to do it for a reasonable price then i'll look into that. thanks
If and/or when I decide to do headers, I will probably farm that project out to someone smarter than me. The guys at Iron Pig who did my lift said the could do my headers too.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If and/or when I decide to do headers, I will probably farm that project out to someone smarter than me. The guys at Iron Pig who did my lift said the could do my headers too.
perhaps did they give you a price estimate??

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
perhaps did they give you a price estimate??
Perhaps not. They just said they could do it.

FWIW, I paid about $350 to have my Bilsteins and Blocks installed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have installed headers on my camaro but im not going to say i did it correctly as i ripped off every bit of emissions control there was on the car when i did it. Heh...headers are a PITA if you get them you need to make sure they are pre drilled and already have the mounts welded to them for all sensors that your individual truck may have.

I will say this if you arent patient enough, they can be your worst nightmare and they tend to be very time consuming if you are on your own. And guessing from the layout of our truck, you may need to undo the engine from the mounts and hook it to a hoist for a little extra room.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
And guessing from the layout of our truck, you may need to undo the engine from the mounts and hook it to a hoist for a little extra room.
Don't necessarily have to do that, but I'm told you have to custom make a tool or two in order to do it. For example, supposedly you have to take a 1/2-inch deep well socket, and hacksaw it off to a particular length. Too long, and it won't fit were it needs to go. Too short, and it won't go over the nut.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Make a trip to LAS VEGAS :devil: . I'd be happy to install them.:D

Seriously, don't pay more than $300 if/when you find someone to install them.

No, you dont have to lift the engine to do this job. The nuts are a 14mm semi deep socket. 22mm wrench or 02 sensor socket to get the 02's out. Mkae sure they soak everything first to help if there is any rust or corrosion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts