Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed out there bulbs for the headlights and foglights yet ?
If so, what bulbs did you use ? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone changed out there bulbs for the headlights and foglights yet ?
If so, what bulbs did you use ? Thanks

I used PIAA for the low and high's, and Silverstars for the fogs.
You can also use Silverstars for the high's but I did not find them available for the lows.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I used PIAA for the low and high's, and Silverstars for the fogs.
You can also use Silverstars for the high's but I did not find them available for the lows.

What size headlights are required...9006, 9007, or H series?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Low beams are H11 (OEM 55w)
High beams are 9005 (OEM 65w)

I ordered PIAA fog lights and went ahead got thier Xtreme White 9005 to replace the high beams. They are 4000K (color) and = to 120w bulbs. They look witer and brighter, but to me they don't look twice as bright as the ones I replaced (but maybe watts doesn't show that way). I like them though because I like bright high beams and didn't want to spend more to get HID's. I might get some HID's for the low beams (still undecided, as I don't want people to flash me).:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
The ? is how long will they last.....I have heard PIAAS dont last too long, less than a year--maybe they have gotten better over the years

·
Registered
528 Posts
Low Beams Piaa H11 Xtreme White Plus
High Beams Piaa 9005 Xtreme White Plus
Silverstar Foglight 9145 St
Thanks for the info! I never had any issue with the silverstars and was very impressed with there performance.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are they the silverstar Ultra's ?
How do the colors match between the PIAA's and silverstars ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the info! I never had any issue with the silverstars and was very impressed with there performance.

I have found that the Silverstars offer great performance but lack longevity. Maybe the new Silverstar Ultra's will be better. I have yet to loose a PIAA but the price is almost twice the SS.

·
Registered
528 Posts
In my 04 Dodge Ram I got about 2.0 years of life out of the standard silverstars when I used them for the low beams and about 1.5 years of life when I used them for fog lights.

The SS Ultras are supposed to last longer. You readily find them on ebay for very good prices.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
I put silverstars in my 4runner and they only lasted 4 months.:D
I had them in my tundra,...... first set went 4 months, 2nd set went three months :mad: . SILVERSTARS SUCK EGGS!!!

RAYBRIG is what I have had for over 4 years and running.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
The ? is how long will they last.....I have heard PIAAS dont last too long, less than a year--maybe they have gotten better over the years
They don't. My PIAAs lasted exactly one year to the day...Silverstars rock out! They last a helluva lot longer, and are just as good...not to mention a butt-load cheaper.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've outfitted all of my cars with bulbs from BimmerXenon.com

They match my BMW's factory Xenon HID's very closely if that's the look you're shooting for. I've had a few people ask when I installed HID's on my Sequoia and T100.

If anything check out the guy's sick BMW that's been in a few magazines. 450 HP from a 540i.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've outfitted all of my cars with bulbs from BimmerXenon.com

They match my BMW's factory Xenon HID's very closely if that's the look you're shooting for. I've had a few people ask when I installed HID's on my Sequoia and T100.

If anything check out the guy's sick BMW that's been in a few magazines. 450 HP from a 540i.
Does this site offer lights for other vehicles besides BMW?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anybody ever use NOKYA Arctic White ?

The silverstars in 9145 seem hard to find.
I only saw one set on ebay.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody ever use NOKYA Arctic White ?

The silverstars in 9145 seem hard to find.
I only saw one set on ebay.

I have used Nokya Hyper Yellow previously and was not overly impressed. I can not comment on the Arctic Whites though.

I picked up my Silverstars 9145 on ebay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts