Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
So this morning I go out and get gas and the both low beam headlights do not work. The parking lights work, the highbeams are good and the fuses are good. (NO daytime running lights) So any way, to my surprise BOTH bulbs were blown. The weird thing is I replaced both in Sept 2005. Good thing I still had the originals tucked away. Both were Sylvania Cool Blues. Does anyone have any suggestions on replacement bulbs, something that appears brighter than the stock bulbs without modifications. (PIAAA?)

Thanks All

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the factory fog lights? Sylvania.com has their size chart/bulb replacement chart as using the same (9006) as the low beam bulbs. Is that possible? The Toyota manual says do not replace several of the front lights on your own, bring to dealer.???

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put in a set of the SIlverstar Ultras. I switched out one first to compare to the bulbs that came with Highlander. I am in a dimly lit garage. Honestly I see a difference! The originals appear more 'yellow' and the Ultra is more pure 'white'. Seems at least 25% brighter. So I am hooked :) Thanks all...

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also had the Cool Blues on my 2002 Highlander, they were nice. Only lasted me 18 months. But I got my wife into the habit of driving with the headlites on all the time since the 02 did not have daytime runners. So they were on all the time. But I find the UltraStars much brighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.