Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first time poster; just stepped up from my 3rd tacoma, been an active member of TTORA for years but needed a bigger rig so the Tundra was the choice. I have done a bit of searching but to no avail, here is my problem

Im installing an Able 2 Headlight Flasher on my 05 Tundra D-Cab. The same flasher that the police use. I had it on my tacoma so I know it works with the positive switching ground, and yes I can legally have in it the great state of texas. But I cannot determine which wire it connects to on the Tundra. I need to tap the wire that controls the high beam for each headlight. I have 3 choices on each side (all different colors). Anyone know of a diagram that will show what each wires function is? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one? SURELY someone has the FSM with the wiring diagram or at least can point me in the right direction??

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
My schematic says the high beams are the R-G wires. I assume it's red/green? The wires should come out of the junction connector and go to each headlight.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
the test light isnt telling me what I need to know...
because you're not using one at all? a test light will tell you exactly what wire is doing what and would answer your question.

Even with reading a diagram, if you don't use a test light and make a wrong connection, then that's more time wasted. Not trying to come off harsh but don't be lazy about it either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im using one, just about wore the dang batteries out on it trying to trace it back. I can get the low beams to flash (not such a great idea at night) im trying to trace it back to where the junction box is so I can tap the single wire that comes from the dimmer switch BEFORE it splits and goes to each individual bulb. Thats where the schematic comes into play. Does Chilton or Hayes make a book for the 05 tundra? There was not one for the 03 Tacoma but I never paid attention to the tundra books

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
You need to go on the blinker stalk wires underneath the steering column to find that wire then. The chilton/haynes books wont have a wiring schematic. I think I have the 2006 wiring diagram for Tundra. Pm'ing you now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
im using one, just about wore the dang batteries out on it trying to trace it back. I can get the low beams to flash (not such a great idea at night) im trying to trace it back to where the junction box is so I can tap the single wire that comes from the dimmer switch BEFORE it splits and goes to each individual bulb. Thats where the schematic comes into play. Does Chilton or Hayes make a book for the 05 tundra? There was not one for the 03 Tacoma but I never paid attention to the tundra books

Did you ever get this figured out?

BMav

1 - 11 of 11 Posts