Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra and have been thinking about changing my headlights to something similar to the 2018 Tundra’s headlights. I have looked through numerous aftermarket sellers but it’s either not what I want or something entirely different. Is it possible to swap the 2018’s headlights to fit my 2007 Tundra’s headlights?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra and have been thinking about changing my headlights to something similar to the 2018 Tundra’s headlights. I have looked through numerous aftermarket sellers but it’s either not what I want or something entirely different. Is it possible to swap the 2018’s headlights to fit my 2007 Tundra’s headlights?
I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN DOING THE SAME FOR MY 2008 TUNDRA. OR AT LEAST CHANGING OUT THE BULBS -I KNOW THERES A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHANGING HEADLIGHT CASING AND THE BULBS-BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT HALOGEN , LED, AND HID BULBS REACT COMPLETLEY DIFFERENTLY WITH REFLECTOR HEADLIGHT CASING VS PROFLECTOR CASINGS. WITH THAT SAID, JUST CURIOUS IF ITS AN OPTION FOR MY 2008 TO CHANGE IF IN FACT I DECIDE TO GO THAT DIRECTION RATHER JUST REPLACING THE OLD HALOGENS WITH LEDS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First, Identify the bulb number for the truck. (sylvania-automotive.com/) 2007 Tundra's use one bulb for the Low Beam H11, and one for the high beam 9005. Then identify the availability of compatible LED bulbs. (hikari-led.com/). Personal experience is trial and error due to size and length differences of the LED bulbs.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have a 2007 and looked at a variety of options for getting brighter headlights. Was not convinced a retro-fit build was the best solution (price, results) and figured I would try VLEDs bulbs for Hi/Low/Fog. Huge difference in performance over the silvania superstars bulbs. I am completely satisfied with the results. Ended up also getting their backup light license plate which is crazy bright. all the bulbs are 5k - nice, bright, clean white - no purple/blue, etc.. I live in a forest in Northern MT and it gets really dark and there are tons of deer. These lights are a huge improvement. I have no affiliate or other type of relationship with VLEDs . just really happy with their bulbs. I got (2) x 5K MICRO EXTREME 9005 H10 9145, (2) x 5K MICRO EVOLUTION H11 H8 H9, (2) x 5K WHITE 6 XTE2 9005, LP-REVERSE LIGHT SYSTEM 5500K WHITE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok let me rephrase what I was saying. Im saying that if it is possible to swap the 2018 Tundra’s healight housing (not the bulbs) to my 2007 Tundra. I just want to give my Tundra an up to date look, I’ve looked through plenty of aftermarket sellers and none have the headlight housing similar to that of the 2018 Tundra.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Headlight Revolution is having a great sale right now, 20% off. Promo code GARAGETIME . Their headlights are very similar to the 2018 Tundra. I just got these replacement LED headlights and foglights for the 2nd gen Tundra...hopefully they're as good quality as all their other products: 07 - 13 Toyota Tundra HID and LED Lighting Upgrades

TOYOTA (ROUND): MORIMOTO XB LED Fog Lights
LF360-S​
Toyota Tundra (07-13): XB LED Headlights
LF533​

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headlight Revolution is having a great sale right now, 20% off. Promo code GARAGETIME . Their headlights are very similar to the 2018 Tundra. I just got these replacement LED headlights and foglights for the 2nd gen Tundra...hopefully they're as good quality as all their other products: 07 - 13 Toyota Tundra HID and LED Lighting Upgrades

TOYOTA (ROUND): MORIMOTO XB LED Fog Lights
LF360-S​
Toyota Tundra (07-13): XB LED Headlights
LF533​
Thanks a million??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts