Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like they blacked the inside like the Tacoma mod. Can't buy it, but you can do it yourself if you pull the headlight apart and spray paint the inside of the housing.

·
TS
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too risky, don't want to bake them yet. I am sure someone will make something similar soon enough. I appreciate the quick response.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Too risky, don't want to bake them yet. I am sure someone will make something similar soon enough. I appreciate the quick response.
what type of glue do they use to put the headlights together??? if it is glue maybe some acetone will work to soften it up

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are tons of threads on the Tacoma Forum boards. Search "blackout headlight mod" and you will find step by step instructions. I can't think they they will be mass produced. People have been doing this mod on the Tacoma's since 05 and nothing is available to purchase.

·
TS
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True on the taco, but very few people have been doing this mod for the tundra's and an aftermarket company started making them 2 years ago with great success.

I've just seen too many people melt something that shouldnt have been melted to do it myself. I am too spastic.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
i posted long ago that i might try the tacoma blackout mod on my 07. that pic however is just bad lighting/exposure.. you can tell by looking at the mirror. the chrome is also darker than it should be. just a bad pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i posted long ago that i might try the tacoma blackout mod on my 07. that pic however is just bad lighting/exposure.. you can tell by looking at the mirror. the chrome is also darker than it should be. just a bad pic.
No, the mirrors and headlight surrounds are the same gunmetal color. Look at the chrome badge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts