Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the headlights in a 2005 Tacoma? By that i mean # h1 or h3 etc? Looking to get a set of the PIAA Extreme white plus bulbs...anyone have them?? do you like them??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the 85W bulbs from SupremePowerParts

much brighter than PIAA and SilverStars....

they are only $20 / set also.

Love them!

·
Registered
417 Posts
i have sliverstars in mine there nice but if i really need to see i use my hella 500s with piaa bulbs :D of course when there no other cars around

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, I have PIAA H4 Extreme white bulbs in my headlights (2006 Taco DC Offroad) and PIAA 9005 Extreme white In my fog lights and love them. The light is very bright white with no "yellow" tint. The blue tinting on the H4 bulb creates a very unique look at night. Well worth the price. Just my $0.02.

FYI - If you run the 9005 bulb in the fog lights you will need to notch one corner of the locking plate to ensure a flush fit. Hope this helps.

First Post Woooooo. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
DOes any one have any pics of a before and after. Im wondeirng if it is worth the money to at least replace the headlight bulbs, and maybe the fog lights?\
Do you have to buy 4 bulbs? Do you still have "high" beams?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mastercycleman, Per your request, I have attached a pic I took tonight. On the right is my taco with the PIAA bulbs and on the right is an E36 BMW with German factory projectors. The bimmer has regular bulbs and the Taco has the PIAA bulbs. I used the 9005 bulbs for the fog lights (normally a 9145 bulb) and H4 for the headlights. The H4 PIAA bulbs do retain the high beem so you will not lose a thing. Total cost was $125 :) I am sorry that I do not have a before / after picture. Also, I ahve been using these bulbs for about a month now and have yet to be flashed by an oncoming driver. I hope this helps anwer your question.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts