Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading my 2008 OEM Nav unit to a Kenwood eXcelon DNX890HD, which supports video output for DVDs with zoning. My goal is to put in rear facing monitors (not DVD players) in the headrests of the front seats. I've found a number of headrest monitors that are pre-made this way, but I have yet to identify a set that matches the graphite leather interior (more of a darker grey) that I have in the 2008 Limited Edition Tundra. Does anybody have any experience in doing this, which has matched the existing leather interior? If so, what specific product did you use?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you considered installing monitors into your existing headrest? That's what I did however (I have cloth, not sure if that makes it easier) and it was really easy and look pretty darn good. Screen Electronics Multimedia Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have, I'm just concerned regarding my ability to do something like that. Did you follow some sort of guide?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nope just made a template from the tv mount to cut through the cloth and foam. Once that fit I attached the mount to the headrest posts (they go almost to the top of the headrest) via small screws. Just take your time it's really simple just need to get up the nerve to cut into your headrest. Just measure 3 or 4 times and cut once!

Amazon.com: Pyle PLVHR75 7-Inch TFT Widescreen Headrest Monitor: Electronics

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also very simple just down the side of the headrest mounting hole and fished down the seat and out near the bottom/inside.
Screen Electronics Multimedia Electronic device Technology

1 - 6 of 6 Posts