Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed today 20" Enkei rims from the dealer taking away the 16" that I had.

I was driving down the road about 30 miles later and heard/felt a pop by the front left tire. I was going straight. And now eery once and awhile I hear a loud noise from that side when I slow down and inch forward with the brakes. Occasionally when I turn left, I checked and the tires are not rubbing, and also I checked to make sure the lugnuts were attached.

Does anyone have any idea what this noise might be, I had the new tires/wheels balanced, and also did a new wheel alignment. Again these are the factory 20" that they put on with the tires 295 45 20.

The noise sounds like a humming noise.

Thanks for any help

I have a 2005 Tundra Double Can SR5 2wd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the clearance and it is good. Does not rub, these tires are actually the ones that the dealer wouldhave installed if I did not go somewhere else.

Today Toyota finally called me about getting the ball joints replaced and the service guy told me that could have been the pop that I heard.

And as for the brake sound, I took it by the tire place and they said that it sounds like my rear brakes need adjusted since I put bigger wheels on. Total Diameter of the tire stayed the same as the stock..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts