Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked with my dealer twice about needing new LBJ, but was told I am fine and my truck isn't part of the recall. Thats fine. Had and alignment done just for piece of mind. Still have this clink

I feel it in the steering wheel, and hear it too, when I'm driving slow and turning. Like when we are driving through a parking lot. It doesn't happen all the time. But its deffintely new.

I'm going to try a different dealership I guess.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I have checked with my dealer twice about needing new LBJ, but was told I am fine and my truck isn't part of the recall. Thats fine. Had and alignment done just for piece of mind. Still have this clink

I feel it in the steering wheel, and hear it too, when I'm driving slow and turning. Like when we are driving through a parking lot. It doesn't happen all the time. But its deffintely new.

I'm going to try a different dealership I guess.
Hey There. I have a "Clunk"/"Clink" sound or whatever from my front end also when I slightly turn or bump or whatever. It just happens sometimes but not all the time. I have had it in 3 times for it. They can not locate it. I personally believe it is the steering rack bushing. I have many friends that own auto repair shops and a few have rode with me and we stopped and checked under the truck. The rack gets pretty close to the bolt on the one bushing that goes up in the center. I believe it is the problem. I plan on replacing them with the urethane ones. I have had the LBJ recall and alignment done and the noise is the same before and after so not a part of that. ALSO check your spare tire. these come loose every once in a while and cause a clunk.

PLEASE let me know if you have any luck at the dealership in locating this noise so I can check it out on mine. It is bugging the crap out of me.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Check the bolt that runs through the UCA. I have had to tighten mine every few months. That usually does the trick. I am now using a lock washer setup and have not had to tighten in six months. There is a thread on this somewhere, maybe the suspension forum?

Scott

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx Scott, I'll check that .

·
Registered
374 Posts
could be your brakes believe it or not. all toyotas that i have owned clicked when i pressed them when moving slow.......asked toyota and they confirmed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check the bolt that runs through the UCA. I have had to tighten mine every few months. That usually does the trick. I am now using a lock washer setup and have not had to tighten in six months. There is a thread on this somewhere, maybe the suspension forum?

Scott
So what and where is this "UCA" that has a bolt through it? Every time I go to back into a parking space or something, I get a "clink" from the front end just as I begin to back up and turn. It's only one "clink," but it happens every time. I'll check the bolt as soon as I know what a "UCA" is, but does anyone have any other experience with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with the clink coming from the front end when I am backing out of my driveway or into a spot also . It drives me crazy and when I took it to the dealer they told me that its the brakes switching back and forth. But after reading this post, I was wondering what is the UCA? So, that I could check it out. Any help would be great, thanks

2005 tundra 4wd

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,557 Posts
The "clink" you are referring to is the pads shifting inside the front calipers. It happens when you change directional braking, i.e. backing out moves the pads "up" the caliper from its normal down position. When it does this shift, the edges of the pads slam into the inside shoulders of the calipers. If you want to reduce this noise, remove the pads and regrease the caliper lands that the pads ride against.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts