Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our Silver,DC, Limited, 5.7, 4x4 w/Nav & 20" tires Thurs. This took 5 weeks to order and get. BIGGEST complaint! We could not get tow mirrors in this region. Does anyone know for sure if we can swap out the Limited more expensive mirrors for the tow mirrors? Can't get a definitive answer to that question. Anyone interested?
I think the DC has so much more room than the Ford double or Chevy. My husband wants the standard bed so going to the crew is not an option.
My opinion - we had a 2000 Siverado that made me nervous to drive - hated the brakes.
We just started camping and own a 24' camper that needs a bit more juice to pull than the silverado had. Hubby is a Chevy guy, but did not like the new one. He was leaning to the Ford if the Toyota didn't pan out. And it almost didn't. These dealers that quote msrp are NUTS! It only alienated us. We were even offered $100 off with our Costco card. Can you imagine? We found an out of town guy we liked and we were looking locally for a color. Found the color, didn't like it, but liked the dealer and the deal, so stayed at home.
I love the truck. It has a solid sound when shutting doors, drives well, lots of pep and great brakes. We haven't pulled with it yet - soon tho, if it ever warms up. We hope the gas mileage improves, but that is the only thing I'd like to improve.
Camper1333

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! I have the same exact truck, luckily we live on the opposite side of the map. lol Would hate to see one just like mine pass by. hehe

By the way, we have alot of family in Milford.......small world I guess.

Congrats again. Post some pics if you get a chance.

Mark

·
Registered
237 Posts
We picked up our Silver,DC, Limited, 5.7, 4x4 w/Nav & 20" tires Thurs. This took 5 weeks to order and get. BIGGEST complaint! We could not get tow mirrors in this region. Does anyone know for sure if we can swap out the Limited more expensive mirrors for the tow mirrors? Can't get a definitive answer to that question. Anyone interested?
I think the DC has so much more room than the Ford double or Chevy. My husband wants the standard bed so going to the crew is not an option.
My opinion - we had a 2000 Siverado that made me nervous to drive - hated the brakes.
We just started camping and own a 24' camper that needs a bit more juice to pull than the silverado had. Hubby is a Chevy guy, but did not like the new one. He was leaning to the Ford if the Toyota didn't pan out. And it almost didn't. These dealers that quote msrp are NUTS! It only alienated us. We were even offered $100 off with our Costco card. Can you imagine? We found an out of town guy we liked and we were looking locally for a color. Found the color, didn't like it, but liked the dealer and the deal, so stayed at home.
I love the truck. It has a solid sound when shutting doors, drives well, lots of pep and great brakes. We haven't pulled with it yet - soon tho, if it ever warms up. We hope the gas mileage improves, but that is the only thing I'd like to improve.
Camper1333
Congrats on your DC Limited:tu:

I could not get the towing mirrors on my CrewMax as well here in NJ. I was a little disappointed with that, but in the last 2 weeks have begun to like the mirrors on my SR5 CrewMax. Was told that trying to swap mirrors now, would not be possible.

Regarding the gas mileage on the 5.7L, it's going to get better as more miles are added. I now have about 500 miles on my truck and I'm averaging around 16.7 MPG with very little highway and a lot of city driving.

Please post some pictures and good luck with the Tundra DC:D

Cheers

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have also been searching for a DC with tow mirrors. I sent an E-mail to Toyota.com asking if they could be added later if I bought a truck with standard mirrors and the answer was "No, they are vehicle specific." The reason I E-mailed Toyota was because 2 dealers told me they would swap out the mirrors after I bought the truck....only 1 dealer told me they couldn't be swapped out. Enjoy your truck!!

Here is a copy of the E-mail from Toyota:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We apologize for your concern in finding the vehicle of your choice.

Unfortunately, the tow mirrors are factory installed and cannot be switched out with the standard heated mirrors.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200704060677. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Brandi Galindo-Cherry
Toyota Customer Experience

1 - 4 of 4 Posts