Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new member in this forum. Looking to purchase a 4x4, 6 speed, double cab this year. Looking at the forum to see if I can answer some questions I had. One of them being gas milage? In some threads I've looked at most post have been for pre 2005.

Can some of you guys with 2005 and newer tacoma post you average milage, and setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
My '07 Sport DC MT has 350 miles on it. I'm getting 14 mpg in suburban driving (not much stop and go congestion, just stop lights). I've been having a little fun in it, so I haven't been trying to maximize my fuel economy. Likewise, this is the first stick shift I've had in quite a number of years (the kid in me said I needed one this time :rolleyes:), so truthfully my shifting has been getting efficient as I've spent more time in the truck...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Around 19mpg on the highway, driving normal.

About 15 doing everyday driving, some highway, some in town. I get less sometimes when my foot gets cramped up, happens a little too often ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Got an '06, 4WD, 6spd, DC, short bed, TRD offroad.

Just today I got gas and have calculated the mileage. Got 18.2 mpg on a mix of about 50/50 highway/city driving. The truck has 14K miles on the odometer.
When it was new, I only got about 16.5 mpg, but the mileage has since steadily increased.
One word of caution for you: Check out the clutch extensively before buying. See this thread for more details. I am not sure if they put the new clutch in the '07's at the factory.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts