Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To fellow Tundra Drivers

March 31, becomes my glorious day! This is was the day I purchased my new 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 RC 4x4 (it took about a 3 weeks for research, find, haggle, fight, and then buy). This truck is perfect for my life style and for me. I am sure that all of the others here that purchased a new Tundra feels the same. So far I have no problems other than the paint issue. Can anyone tell me why the super white paint is easily chipped? I have not been off-roading and been driving it like a baby. Only has 1200 miles on it as of-right-now. When I purchased it it only had about 40 miles. I wash the truck, keep it in a garage at night, and park far out so no one else would park next to me. My friend works at the Toyota Plant in San Antonio and told me its because Toyota uses a light enviromentally safe paint (of some sort). If this is the case then how can I prevent it from chipping further. I have purchased a hood bug/stone deflector. Any other ideas? Expensive paint job? I have many future plans with this truck. Being a EMS/Fire Fighter, I can use a Tundra plus who knows, I might save one of yall! Any suggestions?

Jay
Sorry about long write.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Congrats on the new truck.

Do a search on the 3M clear bra, it's probably the best way to keep the front of your truck looking new.

And pretty much every car chips easily nowadays. :( My last few vehicles (BMW, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi) all got chips easy. :cry:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
To fellow Tundra Drivers

March 31, becomes my glorious day! This is was the day I purchased my new 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 RC 4x4 (it took about a 3 weeks for research, find, haggle, fight, and then buy). This truck is perfect for my life style and for me. I am sure that all of the others here that purchased a new Tundra feels the same. So far I have no problems other than the paint issue. Can anyone tell me why the super white paint is easily chipped? I have not been off-roading and been driving it like a baby. Only has 1200 miles on it as of-right-now. When I purchased it it only had about 40 miles. I wash the truck, keep it in a garage at night, and park far out so no one else would park next to me. My friend works at the Toyota Plant in San Antonio and told me its because Toyota uses a light enviromentally safe paint (of some sort). If this is the case then how can I prevent it from chipping further. I have purchased a hood bug/stone deflector. Any other ideas? Expensive paint job? I have many future plans with this truck. Being a EMS/Fire Fighter, I can use a Tundra plus who knows, I might save one of yall! Any suggestions?

Jay
Sorry about long write.
Hi Jay,

Try looking into this. http://www.invincaman.com/default.htm

I had him do mine and I cant stop saying enough good things about it. Chip and bug proof. And nearly invisible, especially on lighter colored cars. He did the whole front end of my truck, upper and lower bumper and also the leading edge of the roof and my inside door sills.

Congrats on the new truck!

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Go with a clear bra for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts