Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of reading here, and everyone speaks greatly of the Hellwig rear sway bars.

I got on summit and theyre running for $296. Is it worth the $300??

I have an 06 DC btw. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
5,061 Posts
If your truck is a street queen, and you like to drive a little on the spirited side when cornering, you'll almost certainly be happy with. It really does reduces a good bit of body roll. And if that is your reason for putting one on, go straight for the stiffest setting when you install it.

·
2,875 Posts
Even so in a high cross wind you will appreciate having it on there. Out of curiosity have you checked the price directly from hellwig? I bought mine directly from them right after a group buy had ended and they still gave me the group price for it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So did you pull the trigger on this, OP?

·
Registered
239 Posts
If your truck is a street queen, and you like to drive a little on the spirited side when cornering, you'll almost certainly be happy with. It really does reduces a good bit of body roll. And if that is your reason for putting one on, go straight for the stiffest setting when you install it.
Wish I would have gone to the stiffest right away instead of the loosest. I can feel the difference in handling with simulated emergency lane changes at 65mph, but I'm going to crawl under there and set it to the stiffest soon.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I've got an attaboy for Hellwig.

I noticed a clanking and a jingle from the back of my truck when hitting a large bump last week and it turned out to be the end link bushings on my first gen sway bar were missing. The jingling was the washer that was part of the assembly.

I just called Hellwig and they are sending the upgraded dog bone design end link assembly used on the second gen sway bar and new D bushings at no cost. That is excellent service, in my opinion. My sway bar is almost 9 years old and has over 100,000 miles on it. It is by far the best mod I've done besides Formula One Pinnacle ceramic window tint.

I hope this helps anybody thinking about using their product. :tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts