Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - due to the overwhelming number of you who speak highly of the product, I've just ordered and received the Hellwig anti sway for my 07 crewmax. I've installed it successfully, but had one question:

In the rear part, where you spin a tube on to the long threaded bolt; what height are you ideally looking for? or does it even matter?

In the installation pictures, it looks like the height was about even with the exhaust on the right side, but I can't see this being ideal so I screwed mine up a bit higher. Is there an "optimal" placement for these or does this have a bearing on performance?

Also, I connected it to the first (outmost) hole as suggested by the install guide. Have any of you changed this to a different one, and if so, do you feel any difference?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I adjusted mine so that the bar height was level. I have not used any other hole other than the last one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You want the arms of the sway bar to be parallel with the ground. That will give best performance. Moving the attachment hole will increase the stiffness of the bar 10% per hole - equivalent to a 1mm diameter change.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread but I have a question. Is the Hellwig sway bar stiffer than the Toyota Tundra TRD sway bar? Could you please direct me to a thread or some data?

Thanks,

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts