Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total newbie here folks... go easy on me (or not). I need to remove the handle from the linkage to my driver's side door (trying to replace the actuator) & I've gotten part of the way there. Right now I'm stumbling. I've been able to remove the key lock linkage.. which took me a moment, but I cannot figure out how to pull/tug/twist this door lock linkage off the handle. How the heck does it come out? Any help appreciated. Lots of great tips here in these forums, I just can't find details on this part. Pix below. Most grateful for any assistance.

Steve

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately it didn't pop off. The plastic clip snapped. That said, it's now disconnected. Once cracked off I still couldn't figure how else it would have disconnected without being broken. Weird. Thanks again for your time guys. I'm finding out why the dealership wanted to charge $500.00 to replace the actuator.

· Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
I picked up a new clip at the Toyota dealership. They had it in stock $3.92. Job completed.
Wish I had seen this thread sooner, I would have saved you some time and worry. I don't even try to save the clips anymore. They get hard and brittle over time and if your vehicle is over 5 yrs old, they usually break. The dealers always have these clips in stock. Their mechanics break them on a regular basis too. It doesn't matter if it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Toyota, they break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.