Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my vin checked at the toyota dealer they said it came with keyless access. (The remote that locks and unlocks the doors). I bought the remote from the dealer and tried to program it ALOT OF TIMES. After I couldn't get that to work I brought it over to the dealer and had the toyota scan tool plugged in and the keyless system was setting a code for no communication and or hi/low voltage. Aka not plugged in or fried. Afterwards The Toyota Master Tech and I searched through the car and couldn't find the control module nor where the harness was that plugs into the module

I'm hoping someone has some experience with this and maybe has the same truck and knows exactly where it is or where the harness connector is ? Thank you all so much in advanced!

·
Registered
2002 Tudra
1 Posts
I had a similar case with a 2002 Tundra that we just purchased it last week. It came with 2 Toyota remotes (one working, one that does not), but it seems like the remote only sets the alarm (or even sets it off) when you hit the button. There are only 2 buttons on the remote. It does not seem to operate the door locks. I was wondering if it was only an alarm fob or if the door locks actuators were not working correctly. I did not do any investigation yet. I will follow this discussion. Maybe I will get an answer as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar case with a 2002 Tundra that we just purchased it last week. It came with 2 Toyota remotes (one working, one that does not), but it seems like the remote only sets the alarm (or even sets it off) when you hit the button. There are only 2 buttons on the remote. It does not seem to operate the door locks. I was wondering if it was only an alarm fob or if the door locks actuators were not working correctly. I did not do any investigation yet. I will follow this discussion. Maybe I will get an answer as well.
Seems as you may have an a/m alarm system. If the key fob doesnt have lock/unlock or have a Toyota symbol then it probably isnt

·
Registered
50 Posts
I learned the hard way that there is an ocean of garbage out there when it comes to Toyota keys and fobs. After wasting more money than I care to admit I finally came to the conclusion that this is one category best handled by the dealer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have reprogrammed remotes for a Sequoia, a Civic, a Pilot and five remotes for my Tundra over the years following the exact instructions for each model. PITA and takes a couple tries usually but worked even with crappy AM ones.
Preferably use an OEM, even if used good or better condition making sure it is compatible b4 buying.
Then start opening the door, insert key turn to ACC, stomp your left foot, close door, hold right eyebrow up while turning on emergency blinkers, knock 3 times on the ceiling....
Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have reprogrammed remotes for a Sequoia, a Civic, a Pilot and five remotes for my Tundra over the years following the exact instructions for each model. PITA and takes a couple tries usually but worked even with crappy AM ones.
Preferably use an OEM, even if used good or better condition making sure it is compatible b4 buying.
Then start opening the door, insert key turn to ACC, stomp your left foot, close door, hold right eyebrow up while turning on emergency blinkers, knock 3 times on the ceiling....
Good Luck!
?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts