Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaking gear oil out of both sides of the front diff. Play in both CVS where they set in the carrier. Hoping somebody has part numbers. Seems to be the 7.5 cs and I wanna replace the needle bearing for the ecgs bushing but can't seem to find info on the passenger side bearing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The ECGS bushing is only made for the driver's side. If you are leaking out of both sides then it is likely that your axle seals are shot. It's also possible that your CV axles are part of the problem with there being play. I just replaced both of mine as well as installed a ECGS bushing, didn't need to replace my seals because they were in good condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CVS don't click all the joints are tight and no torn boots. Trying to figure out if I have the 7.5 or 8" clamshell. Tons of info out there but nothing that seems to hit the nail on the head as to which diff I have

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm pretty sure all 1st Gen Tundra's have the 7.5 clamshell...at least that's how ECGS has it marked, and they are the ones who deal with regearing diffs all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts