Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres whats going on.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Left my 2001 tundra sitting for about 2 weeks and went to start it up and it wouldnt really fire until turning it over for quite awhile but eventually started and then died about 30 seconds later.

Started it back up again and it ran for about a minute and then died. It wouldnt start back up after this.

I thought it was the fuel pump but i checked it and it is perfectly fine makes good pressure to. So i checked to see if it is getting spark which it is. So i figured it would be the filter since while cranking it over it sounds like it wants to start but just wont. Like it isnt getting enough fuel.

I replaced the filter and still nothing. I Shot a little starting fluid in the air cleaner and it fired but wont stay running.

I NEED some help. What should i do next?????

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Get or borrow a trouble code reader. It reads the nature of the problem that is now stored in the trucks computer. you will get a code... something like PO146. That code will tell you why the truck won't start.

·
Registered
756 Posts
could be bad gas or clogged pick up in the tank? fuel rail and injectors? ej is right about checking codes. good luck and let us know how you make out or what you find, many helpful people around here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so i figured it out. The sending unit on top of my fuel cell has a bad gasket and let a bunch of water in from the last rain. Drained it out and filled her back up and were good to go now!!

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mmmmm... A gas tank is a fuel cell? My God... jails are tanks and tanks are cells.

I gotta go back to school.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
Mmmmm... A gas tank is a fuel cell? My God... jails are tanks and tanks are cells.

I gotta go back to school.

I think it's too late for us.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts