Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home a 2010 Double Cab Tundra. I've been reading through all the forums and my head is spinning.

With the Truxxx 3/1 lift, can I fit a 295/70-18 tire with no rubbing? I'm thinking about going with the KMC XD Hoss black wheels with Nitto trail grapplers.

I had a lift on my tacoma a couple years ago and went one size tire too large and had some rubbing that was kind of annoying so I don't want to repeat that experience but at the same time I do want to have a tire large enough not to look tiny in the wheel wells on this thing.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yes you can. Youll probably have to remove the mudflaps and trim the skidplate, but thats about it. Have you looked into the Low Range kit yet? Its got some nice features the truxxx doesnt have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I like the look of your truck in your pics. From reading your sig, you have the lro spacer kit combined with 5100s, the icon leaf pack, and a 1" block? What do you think is the best bang for the buck in terms of getting a full 3" lift or perhaps slightly more like a 4 or 4.5"?

I'm kind of debating now about going ahead and doing a full system like the OME kit from LRO or something with the 5100s. I don't offroad a ton, just several times a year when hunting, etc. Mostly the truck is used in snow/mud/utility work. It would be a side bonus if the ride was a little less "bouncy" than the stock SR5 ride as well. I really just want the look of a solid 3-4.5" of lift.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have just the LRO 3" kit up front, the bilsteins are just on the back. I would never stack lift kits. Anyways Im in the midst of changing all of that anyways. Im installing Camburg coilovers and UCAs this week and then adding ICON rear shocks because of the 2.5" of rear lift I have. So I should end up with 3-3.5" up front and 2.5" in the back.
If you want 4 or 5 inches of lift youre better off looking into something like the BDS lift or pure performance 4" lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts