Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today I installed my 12voltsolutions plug and play remote start. Everything went together like a glove. But tonight I go to pickup dinner and realize my automatic headlights aren’t turning on. But if I turn the stick to the manual headlights on spot. They work perfectly. I’m not sure if it’s possible that maybe I unplugged a ambient light sensor wire? Or if something that controls the auto lights is running through the same harness as the remote start system. I could really use some insight if anyone can weigh in on the situation. Thank you

·
Registered
375 Posts
My bet is that the remote start has a relay that interrupts the auto headlight wire (to turn off the lights when remote started) and that is causing the issue. Should be normally closed but they may have connected it normally open. Easy way to check is to look at the headlights at night while remote started. If they are on, it's wired wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for replying, I actually contacted the alarm company and they informed me that they sent me the wrong harness. There is a specific harness for the automatic headlight trim tundra. They’re sending me the correct harness and ill have it on Thursday. Hopefully that will take care of the issue. Thanks again

My bet is that the remote start has a relay that interrupts the auto headlight wire (to turn off the lights when remote started) and that is causing the issue. Should be normally closed but they may have connected it normally open. Easy way to check is to look at the headlights at night while remote started. If they are on, it's wired wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts