·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got this reply back from Amsoil:

Due to low sales volume, we are discontinuing most AMSOIL air filters, including those for you Toyotas.

Byron Selbrede
Technical Services

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Amsoil almost killed my engine, I will never buy anything from them. Morons advertised their oil as "good for 25K miles". I was so stupid 15 years ago, I drove my car for about 8k miles w/o changing oil. Engine lost compression. I guess you think Amsoil people invented best oil filter, oil, air filter and everything else.
623,000 miles on the original engine and transmission
using Amsoil.
;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do you guys know what size the inlet is?

I want to pick one up while I can.

Thanks!
The one I got was the EAAU3560 and it fit like a glove , I was so glad to get rid of the oiled filter.

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
With the Amsoil filter no longer available, what the next best choice?

Premium Dry media (non-paper) filters available are:
aFe 31-10053
Airaid 851-144
AEM 28-20144

All of the above cost around $50 each.

·
1,768 Posts

·
1,768 Posts
Shush James! More for me! :D
I already bought 3.
Received 1 so far.
I "hope" to get the other 2 as it says on the order sheet they're **BACKORDERED**
No idea the full extent of what that means yet.

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I already bought 3.
Received 1 so far.
I "hope" to get the other 2 as it says on the order sheet they're **BACKORDERED**
No idea the full extent of what that means yet.
YOU're the hoarder! I guess gettem while you can.

I ordered one too.

Backordered probably means they'll get more stock from other distribution centers. Hopefully they don't steal yours from mine!

·
1,768 Posts
YOU're the hoarder! I guess gettem while you can.

I ordered one too.

Backordered probably means they'll get more stock from other distribution centers. Hopefully they don't steal yours from mine!
Yup. Bought 1 for my Buddy's Supercharged Tundra/Volant CAI so he has a spare.
Then figured its best to have an extra 1 for the 2 of us, figuring out which engine of ours lasts the longest to use it. :D
I put in my order first. So first come, first served.
HA.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Amsoil almost killed my engine, I will never buy anything from them. Morons advertised their oil as "good for 25K miles". I was so stupid 15 years ago, I drove my car for about 8k miles w/o changing oil. Engine lost compression. I guess you think Amsoil people invented best oil filter, oil, air filter and everything else.
I doubt it was their oil. I run cheap oil 6-8k miles all the time

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had one of their oiled filters in my Nissan. It killed my MAF sensor. Amsoil ended up paying for the repair - about $400.
They stand behind their products. I use their products in everything and have for 30 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know I am opening up an old thread but I have a NOS EAA237 still in the wrapper I will sell 2day fedex shipped anywhere for $50.
PM me if interested.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts