Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i turned on my 2000 tundra last night to go home
and my truck began to shake badlyy
about 2 minutes on the road the check engine light went off and once i would hit 40 the truck would shake very badd. at stop lights the truck shakes when still and then it shakes when i accelerate and goes away untili hit 40mph until 50mph.
any idea what coould be causing this?
any help would be aprecciatedd:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
have you changed the timing belt?? my 06 double cab had jumped time, and i was expeirencing the same symptoms. does your truck lope at idol ( doesnt stay at a steady rpm)? im not positive about this but it does sound like you have some of the same problems i did. if you know someone who has a diagnostic tool you can read the code for the check engine light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeahh i changed it about a month and a half ago.i broke my leg two weeks after so my truck was just sitting there for about a month.
and yes it lopess. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
maybe the truck just jumped time? and i hope you leg feels better man, thats a string of horrible luck. but to be honest it sounds exactly what happened when mine jumped time. do you know anyone who has an OBD II reader? if you can read the code you can figure out more on what is goin on internaly. i have a scan guage II bought it for about 170 $ at the local autozone, i have it plugged in all the time it give me a more accurate rpm and mph, plus tells me my MPG, along with it being a code reader. hope i could help a little. hope ya truck starts runnin right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts