Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, my first post but I did a lot of reading.

I've installed the Toytec 3" lift kit as I read quite a bit about it here. I purchased some BFG 285/70/17 wheels, used but in great condition. Now, I was trying to put them on my truck using the stock 17" (TRD Sport) rims, but when the tire place tried to put them on, they would not fit, and they rubbed on the strut (or A-Arm I think its called).

I read some people put these on, but no details on how. Did you use spacers? or those wheel adapters? (I'm new to wheels), not sure what I need here. If so, what size? what material? where can I get some? It seems that if I get some of those blocks that make the wheel stick out more it should fit. It looks like a 1.5" would allow the wheel to fit.

Can anyone help? I have the height for the tires, and the rear ones seem to fit. What do I need to get this to work, and can I get it online?

Thanks a million to everyone and all the good information on this site!

05 Tacoma Access Cab w/TRD Sport Package (2WD)
3" Toytec Lift with the OME springs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I finally found the info in the forums. Going with wheelspacers.com, getting some 1.5" adapters made to the specs recommended in some of the threads. This guy Fred Goeske knows his stuff...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts