Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to grab my 44oz mt dew and the lid came off the whole pop went in my seat and on my floorboard into the carpet all 44oz the truck only has a 1,00" miles on it how can I clean this! I dried it up with a towel but now what!!! Please help any tricks to cleaning this mess I made up!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My wife is pretty good at that, want to borrow her? :happy3d:

A good carpet cleaner works well. We have a spray bottle of Resolve that works well.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
^^^Pics?^^^

First things first...I am originally from North Alabama...and I have never heard a "*******" refer to Mt. Dew as pop.

I use Woolite Pet+Oxygen for carpet and upholstery. I have spilled coke and coffee and my dog took a dump in my truck and this stuff has cleaned it up completely...made it look better than before.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Folex, brushes, towels and a shop vac. In the event you have an extractor handy, you could use that (like a Bissel Little Green MAchine). You could also use warm water, soak it down and use the shop vac to extract, although it will most likely leave it a little wet. You could follow with a hair dryer to dry.

You may also want to pull the sill cover up and make sure you get the pad as dry as possible (to help prevent mildew and/or mold).

Folex is the best carpet and upholstery cleaner I've ever used. You can get it at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc. Very good stuff.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Trade it in for a new one!!!:D

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Well, having had dogs before I can highly recommend "Spot Shot"... it is a spray can with an orange cap (commonly sold in 4-packs at Costco) and does a pretty good job. Just be sure to make sure the actual spray hits the areas you need and that you don't put it too close or else it may create this airy-foam and may alter the color of your surface (a couple of tests shots before hand to get an idea of where the spray should hit will do the trick).
You can also use Goo-Gone as well, but the truck will have a strong paint-thinner-type smell for a while with that and you'll need to use some kind of soap/water solution afterwards to ensure that it doesn't dry-up hard. Either way though, you've got some work to do, but no worries, it'll be as good as new when you're done!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
44 oz of Mt Dew???!!!!! WTF??? Who drinks a quart and a half of Mt Dew? Was that to last you for the week. LOL

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
^^^Pics?^^^

First things first...I am originally from North Alabama...and I have never heard a "*******" refer to Mt. Dew as pop.

I use Woolite Pet+Oxygen for carpet and upholstery. I have spilled coke and coffee and my dog took a dump in my truck and this stuff has cleaned it up completely...made it look better than before.
What part of north 'bama? I have some friends that are scattered all about but I've been up to Scottsboro personally a few times (that and Huntsvegas).

I haven't heard the word pop from anybody south of the Mason Dixon ... ever.

With all that said, Simple Green in a high dilution might owrk - or at least that's what I'd try after said carpet cleaners.

Start with upholstery cleaner and then work more potent.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I've had good luck with the woolite pet+oxygen. I hope your drink didn't get down into the shifter assembly or you'll be taking that apart and cleaning it as well.

·
Registered
916 Posts
DAMNIT..... its not POP...... its SODA!!!!! =)

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
It's not pop or soda, it is a sticky mess in his truck.

It is natures way of telling you that much corn syrup is bad for you.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Take it and have it cleaned professionally. We have lots of car washes here and they will shampoo seats and carpet pretty cheap. Your brand new truck deserves it!!

And I am from Alabama and now live in Louisiana and it's definitly not pop!!! It's all coke!

·
Registered
520 Posts
FYI regarding Spot Shot - I've read on some detailing forums where a couple of people had issues with it discoloring the carpet, both in the home and the auto. While I have never experienced this issue, I still use Spot Shot in my home and on occasion have used it in my vehicle. With all cleaning type products, it might be a good idea to try anything on a hidden test spot first to make sure it does NOT change the color of the carpet after it has been worked in and dried.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
What part of north 'bama? I have some friends that are scattered all about but I've been up to Scottsboro personally a few times (that and Huntsvegas).

I haven't heard the word pop from anybody south of the Mason Dixon ... ever.

With all that said, Simple Green in a high dilution might owrk - or at least that's what I'd try after said carpet cleaners.

Start with upholstery cleaner and then work more potent.

-rockstate
Boaz/Albertville...thats where all of family is...about 30-40 minutes South of Scottsboro. I went to college in the Ham (Birmingham).

And I am from Alabama and now live in Louisiana and it's definitly not pop!!! It's all coke!
You got that right!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yes, its all coke. and no 44 ounces of coke isnt unusual.

but u can foller all their suggestions or take it to the coin op car wash...and take a wet soapy sponge and scrub the carpet then use their vaccum to suck it all out...and do that a few times if need be.the two dealerships ive worked at, thats how they "shampoo" carpet.... they take the sudsy wash mitt and soap it up then suck it all out...then wring out a wet one over it then suck it all out again. that should be the easiest way to do it. as long as u dont use harsh chemicals u arent going to hurt the carpet. heck, my dad's silverado is a WT silverado and had the rubber floor. i found a rollover 04 silverado (same as the 06 basically) and yeah the interior was a mess with dirt grime and junkyard type stuff..i got the carpet cheap, pulled it and then took it to the carwash and spent a few bucks high pressure washing the Sh!t out of it....came out perfectly clean...no stains or anything. like i said, u arent going to hurt the carpet....i even do that with my sand beige floor mats since they get dirty easy.....look good as new once done.

·
Registered
274 Posts
my vote is take it to someone with the knowledge to do it right. might cost a lot but its a new truck. my .02

My wife is pretty good at that, want to borrow her? :happy3d:

lol, i say stuff like this too. when im about 60 miles away from her at work :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
**READ THIS**
Get a "Spot Bot" from Walmart. Use the wand attachment. You dont want to just cover the mess up, or smear it around, you want to suck it up and out. The spot bot does just that. It will COMPLETELY remove the mess. It sprays water/solution mix on the area, reconstituting the spilled liquid, then sucks it up into a tank. Completely gone. I cant tell you haw strongly I feel that this will make your truck as good as new, and do it the correct way.

They are about $100 but worth every penny if you just use it once. We have dogs and a three year old humanoid, this thing has been priceless...

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Got a spot bot, it is a great machine. But it doesn't lift from the backing. We've gone through at least a dozen bottles of the cleaner so it had a bit of use. But I've had a few spots it would not clean even after several tries. It looked clean but the stain came back. One application of Folex and lots of elbow greese made it permanent.
After any form of cleaning, a good idea would be to use a pet stain enzyme cleaner. Spray a lot on and let it soak down to the backing. They will eat the soda syrup

1 - 20 of 39 Posts