Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hopping a Taco owner can help out a 4runner owner. I would like to install the oil cooler, aka sandwich adapter, part # 710-31010 on my 2008 v6 4runner 1GR-FE 4.0 engine. The v6 Taco’s that have the tow package have these. They are mounted directly below the oil filter and have 2 cooling lines.

The part diagram and numbers between the Taco and the 4runner are identical and this is listed as an option for the 4runner. What I can’t figure out is where the 2 cooler lines get connected to? Can someone with a v6 Taco with the tow package take a poke under the hood and tell me here the lines get connected to? Better yet a pic would be awesome.

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05Moose thanks for the awesome pic’s! This is exactly what I was in need of.

But now I am bummed out.:cry3d: I thought I could drop the OEM cooler into my 4runner without much work but it looks like there are a few things that are missing. For starters the water inlet housing on my rig is missing one of the hookups. Now that I can see where the cooler connect I had a closer inspection of the parts diagrams. Looks like the 4runner and standard Taco’s have a water inlet part #323-0P010 and the tow upgrade gives you part#323-0P020. The second part has the missing stem. I can see on my water inlet housing the casting area where the stem would be if I had it. I guess I will be going after market.

Again, thanks for the help. You saved me like $600 bucks by not going with the OEM cooler!

·
Registered
663 Posts
You're welcome. That's why we're all here. Many on the forums have saved me hundreds of dollars in maintenance that I'm now doing myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts