Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i just retarded, or was this a topic that was overlooked. i have a 2005 dcab limited w/jbl & rse. just got my e7006 today...took the oem 6 disc jbl out, and realized the brackets for the oem won't fit the e7006. tried to use the brackets, but the navi unit wouldn't push in all the way. called toyota dealer and had to order the navi brackets (which are currently either backordered or not available) anybody had the same dilemma???? anybody have a good parts place to recommend? thanks

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The brackets will work, you will just need to 'trim' them some. People have used all sorts of different tools to do so, grinders, sanding belts, in my case, I used a 'nibbler'. You need to take about 1/8 inch off the bracket on the side that fits flush to the back of the face unit. Numerous threads about this available. It really was not that hard and with just a little effort you can make them work. Good luck!

am i just retarded, or was this a topic that was overlooked. i have a 2005 dcab limited w/jbl & rse. just got my e7006 today...took the oem 6 disc jbl out, and realized the brackets for the oem won't fit the e7006. tried to use the brackets, but the navi unit wouldn't push in all the way. called toyota dealer and had to order the navi brackets (which are currently either backordered or not available) anybody had the same dilemma???? anybody have a good parts place to recommend? thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brackets will work, you will just need to 'trim' them some. People have used all sorts of different tools to do so, grinders, sanding belts, in my case, I used a 'nibbler'. You need to take about 1/8 inch off the bracket on the side that fits flush to the back of the face unit. Numerous threads about this available. It really was not that hard and with just a little effort you can make them work. Good luck!

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OR SEND ME A LINK ON PREVIOUS POSTS? I'VE SEARCHED WITH NO LUCK. MAYBE I'M LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACES...WTF

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Voila!!! I Looked A Little Closer, Figured Out The Problem...bought A Drill Bit Grinder....shaved The 4 Lil Nipples And Shaved About 1/8 Off That Side And Boom!!! Thanks Soo Much! It's All Installed Now And Ready To Go! Now I Just Have To Conceal The Backup Camera Wire And Install It. Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy the new unit! :tu:

Voila!!! I Looked A Little Closer, Figured Out The Problem...bought A Drill Bit Grinder....shaved The 4 Lil Nipples And Shaved About 1/8 Off That Side And Boom!!! Thanks Soo Much! It's All Installed Now And Ready To Go! Now I Just Have To Conceal The Backup Camera Wire And Install It. Thanks Again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts