Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how I can add a bass package to my vehicle w/o losing any seating space or altering my vehicle.I own a 2002 Tundra Access Cab and I just installed a new audio reciever(DUAL_XDVD8182).Im not very educated in this area but the only option I know of is buying a 239.99 Q-customs sub box that fits under the left back passenger seat.I was looking on Crutchfield and saw a Sony Slim Series Bass package that i thought might also could work.My budget is $600 and my main focus is a just a basic sub upgrade and keeping my seating space.Any suggestions,comments,or help would be greatly appreciated...thanks.:)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Ok, to be honest and not trying to sound rude, stay far far away from sony, dual and others like lanzar, pyle, audiobahn. Also stay away from best buy and circuit city.

For your problem, I would try a slim 10" sub from Elemental Designs and put it somewhere. You can get the q-logic from ebay for $160 and fill it with Image Dynamics ID 8's and get yourself a Hifonics or Pheonix Gold amp that puts about 200x1 and you will have all the bass you need. That should be $160 for the box, $180 for the subs, and anywhere from $150-$200 for a decent amp and wiring kit. Also, stay away from crutchfield unless you absolutelly need customer service. WoofersEtc.com - The Online Car Audio Super Store, The largest selection at the lowest prices! Image Dynamics Authorized Internet Dealer!, Ground Shaker, roof mount monitors, car monitor, car video, flip down monitor, Eclipse, Eclipse Car Audio, Ecli has everything crutchfield has for amost half the price. But their c/s sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brandon1 for the suggestions...I looked at all the subs and amps you recommended and for right now im thinking about goin w/ the q-logic box and the image dynamics ID 8's.I've really never been a real supporter of sony's stuff so i can understand what your sayin...as for Dual though right now im pretty satisfied w/ the reciever i bought,i've only had it for a week though.

·
Registered
910 Posts
If you just want some bass to round things out and you're not an audiophile, consider a single 8" sub mounted to a piece of plywood mounted in the storage cavity under the rear passenger seat. You can also mount a smaller amp under there, too. True, the size of the cavity may not be perfect for the acoustics or whatever, but you will get some nice bass to round out your system. Cost can be kept to under $200. If you're interested, do a search for posts by shall36 in this forum as I posted pics of my simple install.

Sure, you can get something that sounds twice as good OR twice as loud for 4xs the cost or you can get something that sounds twice as good AND loud for 8xs the cost, but why?

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
If you just want some bass to round things out and you're not an audiophile, consider a single 8" sub mounted to a piece of plywood mounted in the storage cavity under the rear passenger seat. You can also mount a smaller amp under there, too. True, the size of the cavity may not be perfect for the acoustics or whatever, but you will get some nice bass to round out your system. Cost can be kept to under $200. If you're interested, do a search for posts by shall36 in this forum as I posted pics of my simple install.

Sure, you can get something that sounds twice as good OR twice as loud for 4xs the cost or you can get something that sounds twice as good AND loud for 8xs the cost, but why?

He said his budget was $600, so that is what I recomended. Yes you can get away with a $200 budget, but you are settling for poo. You get what you pay for in car audio.

I still highly recomend the ID subs and a 200-300x1 amp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a Q-Logic box in my tundra w/ 2 JL 8" 8WO's in 'em, driven by a zapco monoblock amp. In my opinion, they're awesome! Powerful bass w/ clean looks (100% hidden under passenger side access cab seat!) Best part is, no one knows where it is or where it's coming from! Take Brandon1's advice and get 'em!!:tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts