Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a million Foglight Mods on here, but I can tell which one to follow for the 2004 Access Cabs WITH DRLs. I have come across 03 setups and 05 setups, and even 04 without DRLs. Can anyone shed some light on which guide to follow? Its much appreciated!

·
2,445 Posts
What are you trying to do have them switched independently?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, I want to have full control of the fog lights when the vehicle is on, and regardless if the headlight is off/on low/on high.

I am under the impression the 00-02 is one set up, 03-04 is a seperate set up, 05-06 is a third setup, and then 07+ is a seperate set up. And then comes in the scenario of the DRLs, which are deactivated by unplugging the connector along side of the battery.

So with that said, I believe after days of research and reading I can just use the 03 w/ DRL guide, and then disconnect the DRLs to achieve my goal.

Any input on this?

·
2,445 Posts
I have not followed all the different fog light mods. It sounds to me like you are on the right track. Have you found the necessary wiring diagrams? You can also PM someone who has done the mod. Most folks here are pretty helpful. If you don't get a reply back right away you can check when they last visited the site and try someone else. Sorry I could not be of more help.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Well with my 06 access cab. I just tested the grounds under the steering column on the plug. The wire that was grounded when the fog lights were on I spliced into a constant ground. I think it was green with white stripe for the constant. I unplugged my drl's. With this setup I am able to have my fogs on without headlights, with just parklights, and with low beams. One catch was the truck had to be running for the fogs to work. In order to run the fogs with the high beams I believe there were more steps to jumping relays and such in the fuse box under the hood. I didn't feel like messing with this and am happy with the way mine work. I usually run them with the park lights most of the time. I was nervous on this mod cuz i couldnt find my exact setup either but then I just jumped in with a test light and hoped it would work.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. With the guides I have read, they all pretty much say the same thing for the ground wire in the steering column... which will by my first step. Im torn right now if I want the fog lights on with the highs. If I do, I gotta find a better way to do it then bend a tab on the relay to run a wire to another voltage source. At this point, im just going to give it a shot and hope for the best... its reversible if it doesnt work the way I hope.

·
2,445 Posts
Just be careful with a test light. When installing my alarm there were warnings about using them and the suggestion was to use a multimeter. Maybe you can buy another relay and mod that one? Don't think it would very expensive.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will probably reinvent the wheel a few times to get it just right to my liking, but will let everyone know how it turns out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts