Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2010 CrewMax and I can't decide on which bed cover to purchase. I am kind of torn between a solid fiberglass cover, a Roll-N-Lock, or a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit. I know that the roll up types won't be 100% waterproof but it will be easier to access the bed of the truck. The fiberglass covers should keep the bed dry, but it might be a pain to access the bed. The local truck accessory store has an ARE LSII painted and isntalled for $1,000. Does that seem like a good price? Which one of the three would you get and why? Do you have one of the ones I listed and if so, would you purchase one again?

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
276 Posts
A solid fiberglass cover will offer you the best protection from the elements and potential theft of your cargo and they also look nice since they can be painted to match your vehicle. Retractable covers are nice to have since you can slide them partially open for smaller items that still may be too tall to close a traditional 1-piece cover or open it completely for full bed access(except where the canister sits - Approx. 14"). With a solid hard cover you have limited range due to the hinge unless you remove the top from the truck completely, which can be a hassle. How often do you use your truck bed? We can try to help you make the right decision. The ARE is also a nice cover, for $1000 painted and installed seems like a pretty fair price if its a new cover.

It seems like you have made up your mind about these particular covers, but Id like to recommend the Bak RollBak Cover as another option for you for a retractable cover, if you havent looked at it yet.

We also have Armorlid, Undercover Classic, Undercover SE or Ranch Fiberglass Covers as other options for 1-piece solid covers. If you are interested in any of our covers, be sure to send us a PM or give us a call for a special TundraSolutions Discount! Even if your not interested in any covers we carry, feel free to shoot us any questions you may have and we will be happy to assist you with your purchase!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts