Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of posting a million threads worth of questions individually, ill post all of them in one thread.

I have a 2010, 5.7L, double cab, dark blue tundra. I have been considering lifting it for quite a while now. After seeing a black tundra on a 12" lift im in love with the look. I know lifting will void the warranty, and I wont have the kind of money to pay for any thing that might break after paying for a lift. So here comes my questions.

How many of you guys have had warranty work done on you vehicles?

Any of you know where I could find a 8" lift?

You guys with lifts, how much did your fuel economy drop?

Could I buy a 6" lift and use coil overs to get to the 8"s?

Lastly I have seen a couple do it your self threads on blackening your head lights. Do you think its possible to give them the blue tint to match the color of the vehicle?

Thank you

·
Registered
681 Posts
1) have not needed any warranty work, but they will have to prove that the lift was the reason for any issue that may arise to void the warranty
2) never heard of an 8" lift
3) my mileage dropped about 1.5 to 2 MPG's with only slightly larger tires and a 3" lift
4) doubt it
5) just use blue paint instead of black

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
How many of you guys have had warranty work done on you vehicles?
Battery replaced at 29k due to leakage.

grouperdude said:
Any of you know where I could find a 8" lift?
No. But BDS makes a really nice 7" lift kit.

grouperdude said:
You guys with lifts, how much did your fuel economy drop?
See toolowrth's reply.

grouperdude said:
Could I buy a 6" lift and use coil overs to get to the 8"s?
You probably could but why? You'll go through ball joints and CV axles very quickly. Looks like you're into the giant lift look, if so get BDS 7" lift with 3" body lift for 10" of lift. Should be good for 38s maybe 40s if you trim.

grouperdude said:
Lastly I have seen a couple do it your self threads on blackening your head lights. Do you think its possible to give them the blue tint to match the color of the vehicle?
Yes it's possible. There's a few guys running around with body colored headlights.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the insight guys. Im trying to avoid a body lift. I hate the look of the chassis showing like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts