Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the hell did people get the last upper bolt in and torqued down. I can barley get a wrench on it and a socket will not fit. Its the last upper bolt closet to the air tube. The only thing I can do is put in a longer bolt then shim out the bolt so I get a socket on it. so please post up if you installed your own JBA headers. And yes the install has been a cluster 5uck. Thanks BB KID:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
How in the hell did people get the last upper bolt in and torqued down. I can barley get a wrench on it and a socket will not fit. Its the last upper bolt closet to the air tube. The only thing I can do is put in a longer bolt then shim out the bolt so I get a socket on it. so please post up if you installed your own JBA headers. And yes the install has been a cluster 5uck. Thanks BB KID:cool: :cool: :cool:
I've never actually done it, but I think you will need to get a deep-well socket, and hacksaw it down to size. A regular socket is too short, and a standard deep-well won't fit.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The chopped down deep-well socket is what is needed for everything but the one nut he is talking about. Been there, done that. The message I linked to is the only solution I have ever seen that works.

I've never actually done it, but I think you will need to get a deep-well socket, and hacksaw it down to size. A regular socket is too short, and a standard deep-well won't fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts