Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New to this forum. So here's my problem. I have driving lights, but the brake lights don't work. Checked fuse, good. Checked bulbs, good. Replaced brake switch, still no brake lights. Removed switch and tried jumpering the wires. Still no brake lights. Any thoughts? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Cut or chewed wires? Bad ground?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What was the solution to your brake light issue? I have similar problem, '03 Highlander with good passanger side brake lights but no brake lights on drivers side. Fuses are all tested good, and both bulbs have been replaced, though both looked good, and they seem to be installed properly. These bulbs are not "wired in" but have contact points that appear to be clean and getting good contact. A friend mentioned a similar issue he had where there is a circuit board involved with his Toyota tail lights. He said he had to remove and replace the whole tail light assembly. I'm surprised I'm not finding any similar threads as this seems a bit drastic, but will do it if necessary. I just got issued a warning for this and would love to fix it this weekend. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
691 Posts
anyone have a solution to this? I failed my safety inspection to registration today due to no brake lights, including the third brake light. my tail lights work. I'm wondering if it's the switch- fuses look to be all good.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
do you have the right type of bulbs installed in the brake light. there are dual filaments for the brake lights.

oh and this thread should be moved to the first gen tundra forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts