Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a dc 05 tundra that has a rcd lift with 35's on it, im wantin to put a 06 performance body lift on it with a one inch coil spacer to raise the front up a lil. i've been looking alot and havent found much information. will some one please help me about the body lift, do i need to cut the steering rod and stick a 3 inch bar in between it and weld it? please help me

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i believe you have to go and get one custom made for your truck. heard it was like 600 bucks. a couple of guys here on the forum has the same setup, forgot what their SN's were.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i printed the instructions and everything looks the exact same so i thing im gonna just gonna buy the o6 body lift

·
Registered
109 Posts
you are going to need a custom steering shaft i am guessing i needed one on mine but it was no 600 it was more like 100 and most of that is in labor all we did was add to the existing one to make the new one which is probably stronger than the original. there are two reasons you don't/you can't use the the extensions that came with the kit one is there is not enough clearance to stack them on top of each other. the other reason is it is sketchy to stack them together you don't want to do it. also why do you want to add a coil spacer to your nice rcd lift i am assuming you have the 6 in you will be at 9 inches with the body life.

if you have any other question about this feel free to ask. this was the most complicated body lift i have ever put on it was a real pain.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey landshar23 my plan is to put the body lift on which would be nine inch's of lift and i was thinking about putting a one inch coil spacer in the front cause it seems like the front sits lower, which i rather sag in the rear then the front. but my idea was to cut the rcd steering extension and weld a 3inch piece of bar onto it. watcha think?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Shouldn't the body lift come with a 3" extension?? I'm not sure if you can stack them or not tho. And post some pics of your truck when your done. You gonna run a bigger tire size too?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya peterfarhangi i will run probably a 37x13.5 after i get some money saved up, but the body kit does come with a three steering extension why couldn't I just drop the whole steering system and then attach the extension on and then bolt the system back together?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Origanly we were going to stack the two adapters when we were putting on the body lift but we ran into problems with clearnce. There was not enough room between the stearing shaft and the frame to stack the 3 inch adapter on top of the rcd adapter or the other way around. So we chopped the rcd exstention and added a peace of tube steel to it and filled it with weld it's held up great so far I have had hevy loads in the truck and it has handled great. I have put 10,000 miles on it and have had no problems with it. I say go with it and modify the rcd extension and don't look back

·
Registered
109 Posts
O one last thing will u add a pic of ur truck as it is now. Just want to see how it sits now and compare it to mine to see if the front is sitting low than mine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya will do man appreciate your information

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You cant tell from this angle but if you look from the front you can tell maybe its just the hood that makes it look like it sits low in the front

·
Registered
109 Posts
first off go to say nice turk always liked the dc just never need on. Any ways Your truck sits just like mine did befor I added the body lift to it. It looks level to me I would hold off on the 1 spacer lift until after ur done with the body lift. I would strongly sugest not putting it on at all. But it's ur truck and if u still arn't happy with the look add it in and see what it looks like if u don't like the look then take it off. I u want I can post up some pic of my truckfor u

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya man could you post some of it do you have the factory hitch on it and if so could you post one of the rear so i can see what it will look like and a side photo of the truck thanks man

·
Registered
109 Posts
ok here u go. here is a few pic of my truck at cow mountain yesterday. they should give you a good idea of what your tank will look like.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice truck man!! thanks for the pics appreciate it, Ill be ordering my body lift soon maybe in a few days =]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Let us know how it goes good luck man

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya when I get it done which will be a few weeks ill take pictures and post them up, I wont have the 37's untill I save a little money. times are hard

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys I was about to buy the body lift yesterday cause last week i had found it on jegs.com for 308.00 no joke and i went on the internet yesterday and it went back up to 500$. i called jegs and they wouldnt give me it for that price because it was a accident but they told me if i woulda bought it when it was 308 they woulda had to honor that price, Im so bummed out. Theres one on ebay going for 350$ and the guy told me he would sell it to me for 300 right now but it looks like a scam. He says it fits a 06 but he says only single and extended cab no 4 door models which doesnt make since? please help me
3" Toyota Tundra 2WD/4x4 Body Lift Kit 2006:eBay Motors (item 300345677354 end time Sep-14-09 06:13:34 PDT)

·
Registered
109 Posts
HayTHat u need to go look at 4 weel parts they have one for 360 it's the one I used on my truck it's got every thing u need including brackets for the bumpers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 05 double cab tho. i was gonna use a 06 kit

1 - 20 of 40 Posts