21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the 2006 kit is more expensive then the 2001 kit and i bought it for 300 off ebay i hope it come with everything.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wait what? You have a 2005 DC but your buying a kit for a 2006 DC?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ya they dont a 05 kit so i have to buy the 06. i looked at the directions installing it and everything looks to be the same i have to weld a 3 inch rod in the steering link but that should be it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I got my lift today im putting it on tomorrow hope it wont take to long

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh I see. Good luck on the install. Post up some pics

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Alright I put the 06 body lift on my 05 and it went on perfect, ofcourse i had to get the steering shaft weld with a 3inch extension which was easy, but everything went on like it was suppose to. Ill post some pictures up soon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
heres a picture of it with the three inch body lift on it. In person it looks alott bigger.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Very nice!!! The DC's seems to sit a bit low in the front tho. Mine almost seems to sit high in the front. IDK

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
thats what im saying I might need to put a one inch spacer in the front

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tundra Component Box 3 in. Lift
would this work to stack on the 5" tough country im dieing to run 37s
honda454- one of the better dc iv seen looks awesome buddy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tundra Component Box 3 in. Lift
would this work to stack on the 5" tough country im dieing to run 37s
honda454- one of the better dc iv seen looks awesome buddy

Your Control arms and ball joints would be maxed out putting a lot of stress on you front end. But I could be done with the right off set rim and all. If you want to run 37's you cut try to cut out your fenders a bit and maybe get some glass ones.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks chris If i was u since u have a 5inch lift the most i would go is two inchs which is 7inchs of lift which you'll need a body lift or trim the hell out of your wheel wells and good back spacing on your rims.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i hate body lifts always have. think they look like **** but think that might be the best way... i dont wont to destroy my truck so i wont be takin it off roadin much once i get the 37s just tryin to figure out the best way and everything. would love to upgrade with a solid up front just no way bein n college....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yeah man I'd love to do a straight axle to Just so much money invovled, I have a freind that did it to his gmc thats putting 53" tires on it, thats a lil to big for me haha.

·
Registered
366 Posts
haha ya its not practicle 35 r about as big as u been for a dd and playin around but on full size trucks u can get by with 37s.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ya man I could probley fit 37's but they would probley rub again like my 35's on 6inch lift when i turn on a angle

·
Registered
366 Posts
ur rubbed with the 6? thats really surprising i hardly every run unless im fully locked out n a turn and hit a steep incline and it only hits the plastic altho i did trim a lil bit but im hopeing to get them soon

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mine rub a little too. Only because I took my sway bar off and I get some flex outta the front now.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts