Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 Tundra started over heating while I was pulling a load. No dash light or sensor came on. I have thus far installed new water pump (because it was due to change anyway) OEM thermostat, OEM clutch fan, after market radiator. I installed the radiator about 6 months prior to having this issue. I let it idle for at least 30 mins the other day with no issues. Today I drive it for about 15 mins and the gauge starts to rise. I have been fighting this issue for about a month now. What else could it be. Still no sensor light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 02 Tundra started over heating while I was pulling a load. No dash light or sensor came on. I have thus far installed new water pump (because it was due to change anyway) OEM thermostat, OEM clutch fan, after market radiator. I installed the radiator about 6 months prior to having this issue. I let it idle for at least 30 mins the other day with no issues. Today I drive it for about 15 mins and the gauge starts to rise. I have been fighting this issue for about a month now. What else could it be. Still no sensor light.
hey i know its been awhile but did you ever figure it out, the over heating issue you were having, i kind of have the same issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could get a cheap laser temperature gauges and get a baseline reading under normal conditions on different parts of the engine. Then when it says its overheating, park take measurements again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No raising front is required, no burbing, very simple system. Once you fill it, run truck until you see temp gauge rise and then it will drop a little, then let it cool and top it off. Heater on. I hate to say it, but sounds like head gasket, especially if you replaced, WP and radiator. I hope it is not, it' not common, so do make sure all lines are clear, and nothing blocking. Flush system if you have to. 1% chance gauge is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts