Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI.
I have a 2007 Tundra - Double Cab SR5, 4.7L Engine, Loaded. It has the permanent type center console (not the one that can convert into a 3rd front seat).

The center console armrest lid does not lock in place because the locking latch is missing. I was able to get the locking latch, but the problem now is that I need to dissassemble the lid in order to install the locking latch. I was only able to remove the screws around the lid and the lower plastic edge that the screws were holding; however, how do you remove the rest of the lid assembly? That's where I got stuck. If you have any pictures, links, diagrams, etc. I can refer to, that would be great. I'm trying to do this myself because the dealers only sell the entire armrest, and that part goes for around $500 dlls.....unbelievable.

P.D. - Notice the picture the lid is 10% open. That's what I'm refering to.

Thank you.
J.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
How far along did you get on this?
I haven't seen an update and am embarking on a DiY project but have not seen any info on taking apart the armrest cover.

HI.
I was able to get the locking latch, but the problem now is that I need to dissassemble the lid in order to install the locking latch. I was only able to remove the screws around the lid and the lower plastic edge that the screws were holding; however, how do you remove the rest of the lid assembly? That's where I got stuck.
J.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
How far along did you get on this?
I haven't seen an update and am embarking on a DiY project but have not seen any info on taking apart the armrest cover.
Looks like the OP has one post and hasn't been back since the day he joined.... I wouldn't hold my breath for a response...

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Yeah, never noticed that!! I wonder how this got bumped back to the top???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts