Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just installed a new running board from an online dealer but now there's a 4 inch gap between the running board and the bottom of the body of the truck.

Is there a special mounting kit I can get for my Tundra 2010 Dbl Cap to bring the running board closer or flush to the body?

Or any special gap fillers suggested?

The place where I bought the boards say that if I purchased another mounting kit it would look the same. Help!!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
no offense meant but those brackets look awful. and ive seen several of those aftermarket boards fit like that. of course there will be a gap there, thats the point in a runnign board/step but that does seem a little excessive....mine isnt that far and mine are OEM port installed boards

my father has boards similar to what u have, on his 06 silverado, and i put the same ones on the grandfather in law's 09 silverado. got them from a running board guy who sells on ebay. they are an aftermarket board with vehicle specific brackets. but their brackets were bent/formed metal brackets. those welded flat stock brackets look very unprofessional...anyway, their aftermarket boards fit just like yours do...but they both need them that low since they are old farts and actually need the step to get in

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I agree with Barney Fife (and please don't take this personal). Those brackets don't look very professional :td: but again, you get what you pay for.

Since they are brand new, can't you just return them and get something else? I have Nfabs and they hug the truck's body so close thus eliminating the unsightly gap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,

Thank you for your suggestions. I called the company today and they will be sending me new shorter brackets that will eliminate the huge gap!

I appreciate all of your opinions. I agree... I can't stand seeing my truck this way!

-fLo

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thank you for your suggestions. I called the company today and they will be sending me new shorter brackets that will eliminate the huge gap!

I appreciate all of your opinions. I agree... I can't stand seeing my truck this way!

-fLo
Great. You know the deal, if we notice that and imagine driving down the freeway or wherever... you'll be so conscious when people look at you truck;).

YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts