Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i have a 2005 toyota tundra sr5 and just started having the issue of after i set my cruise if i hit a large bump the cruise disengages and then i can just resume and im fine till the next bump that went on for a few days and now the cruise wont even set the light comes on at the dash but wont set any ideas
i just did a water pump and had to disconnect the drive by wire throttle body maybe that has something to do with this issue im lost here please help

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Any burnt out or loose bulbs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all tail light bulbs are functional i did have a check engine message of transmission range sensor malfunction idk if that has anything to do with cruise

·
Registered
37 Posts
My sequoia kicks itself out of cruise every now and then. But never more than once per trip. Maybe a sensor somewhere giving an erratic reading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im assuming its a sensor because im getting a random transmission range sensor code as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats this thing on the side of the trans.

it might not look exactly like that, but i think you put the trans in neutral, then line things up…sorry, a little out of my wheelhouse. But maybe that plug has gotten dirty? Or the sensor went bad?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
im assuming its a sensor because im getting a random transmission range sensor code as well
What code are you getting? You're just guessing unless you search it up.
Put that number into the search box on this site and see what threads come up.

Reactions: B33F

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
transmision range sensor is what my code pulls up i have cleaned the connector but im not ready to spend 370.00 on a neutral safety switch which is waht the range sensor is as well also have you guys seen a reoccurring issue with the cruise stick

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
transmision range sensor is what my code pulls up i have cleaned the connector but im not ready to spend 370.00 on a neutral safety switch which is waht the range sensor is as well also have you guys seen a reoccurring issue with the cruise stick
Not to be a dick but again, what is the exact code number your seeing? Its a lot easier on this site to search using the exact number as the search function wont narrow it down nearly as well without it.
That being said I searched "transmission range sensor" in the search box on the site and P0705 came up. I put that number into the search box and this is the first thread that came up. Scroll down to post 16 in this thread and check your fuses.

Here's another one that might also help. Check your 7 pin trailer connector.

Common theme on this site seems to point at fuses or a short in the wiring. If the above threads dont fix your problem type the specific number into the search box and read through existing threads on your code.
And most importantly of all, if you do find and fix the problem, come back and say what it was so you help someone else in the future and not leave a subject with no resolve. Way too many of those on this site now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay ill do that the next time i get a check light like i said its random so its on and off usually only when i start the truck and once i start driving the light flickers and then goes away

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
A flickering light very much points to a short. 2 wires rubbing together are way more likely when your truck is bouncing down the road right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The code I’m getting is p0705 and p0706 I’ll insert those and see what I come up with

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 02 Tundra 4.7 cruise cuts out on bumps. Seems to be after an hour on the road when warmed up. I can reset it right away, so not a fuse or such.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i appreciate eveyones help i have yet to find a solution even after multiple forums but once i do ill post it here thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there i have a 2005 toyota tundra sr5 and just started having the issue of after i set my cruise if i hit a large bump the cruise disengages and then i can just resume and im fine till the next bump that went on for a few days and now the cruise wont even set the light comes on at the dash but wont set any ideas
i just did a water pump and had to disconnect the drive by wire throttle body maybe that has something to do with this issue im lost here please help
Check the brake pedal switch to see if its loose. I read on another site where this is a common problem. When you hit a bump it could be hitting against the break pedal arm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE!!!! i was able to figure out what my issue was after a few days of research and countless hours with no end in sight and 215.00 in diag at toyota i was able to track down from when i installed the remote start on my truck. i had tapped into the ecu for tach signal, well so i thought i did but the wire i tapped in didnt even break the wire coating. so with that being said i returned to ecu and found that one of my connectors was not fully seated in its slot and rattled loose over time im talking a few months time but i was able seat the connector properly and all my issues went away like nothing happened. on another note the moral of this thread is that im stupid and caused my issues all by myself nothing the truck did wrong and you guys were large help so thank you kindly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts