Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I installed 55w 4300K for fog lights. I have popped a 15amp fog fuse already once. I have also noticed that there is a slight shaking light (not flickering on off but has a slight shake to it while parked) and it alternates sometimes from left fog and sometimes from right fog light. I was curious if anyone had issues with 55w hid kits for fog lights? Or do I have ballast/bulb issues? Also would it be advisable to up the fuse to 30amp? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would not change the fuse size. Toyotas arent known for putting heavy wiring in there vehicles. If you upgrade the fuse to 30, the wiring will burn instead. I would use your foglight wire to control a relay. then you can grab your 12 volts at the battery, through a 30 amp fuse, then through the relay and finally to your HID ballast. The lights wilkl work the same but now you will have 30 amps of current and no chance of damaging your factory wiring.

·
Registered
525 Posts
what brand did you get? i have a 55w DDM tuning kit and have had zero problems

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey guys I installed 55w 4300K for fog lights. I have popped a 15amp fog fuse already once. I have also noticed that there is a slight shaking light (not flickering on off but has a slight shake to it while parked) and it alternates sometimes from left fog and sometimes from right fog light. I was curious if anyone had issues with 55w hid kits for fog lights? Or do I have ballast/bulb issues? Also would it be advisable to up the fuse to 30amp? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
If you got the HID fog light kit from TundraPart, the instructions for the HID's says you need to upgrade the 15amp fuse to a 25amp fuse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What you need is a relay kit if it didn't come with one. The relay kit takes direct power from the battery when you turn on your fog. I wouldn't up the fuse, that wire is only rated for 15amp. If you up the fuse, your wiring can burn up inturn your truck can catch on fire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the help everyone. I have decided to go with the 35w kit just to be safe.

@Bocephus I got it from a local guy for $80. So I returned it to him and got the 35w instead. Not a huge difference in illumination.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I know this is an old threat but I still post for some others. You should check your battery, I have that problem too. Weak battery will result in HID light blinking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts