Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Double Cab with port installed keyless entry. The chirper has stopped chirping and I cannot find where it is located to replace it. Its not under the brake fluid res. Nor is it near the steering column. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Should be on top of the drivers side fender. Has a red cap or something on it from what I remember

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The thingy that makes sound is on the fender, kind of dangling, right in front of the brake master cylinder. It looks like a foam cylinder shaped thingy with a red cap, just as described by Negrotundra. I wish mine would stop chirping, but if I disconnect all the noise making things it won't make noise when the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The thingy that makes sound is on the fender, kind of dangling, right in front of the brake master cylinder. It looks like a foam cylinder shaped thingy with a red cap, just as described by Negrotundra. I wish mine would stop chirping, but if I disconnect all the noise making things it won't make noise when the alarm goes off.
You should be able to reprogram it so it doesn't chirp fer certain operations. ;)

·
Supportive Supporter
1,144 Posts
I filled mine with mud and snow a few months ago......stopped working all together for a while------------------:beach:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think that only applies to 05+ models??? I know the reprogram deal didn't work for my 2003. So, I muffled mine with foam and duct tape :D
where can i find info on how to reprogram the chirp thing btw?:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine ('05 DC) is between the plastic inner fender and the underside of the steel "engine compartment" on the driver's side. Mine apparently fills with water when I drive in the rain. A tech dug it out the first time.

Whenever I can get to it, I need to get back in there and fix it properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts