Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyone who Line X'ed or something similiar to tehre Bumpers, was thinking about color match when i get out of the Iraqi sandbox, but now thinking Line X might be the way. any pic would be appreciated!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm gonna do this myself so I can save some cash. I have seen a couple done (sorry no pics) and it looked really good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thought that if i color match the grille surround and throw on the black carriage work grille and Nfab light bar that maybe the Line X would look better then color matching the Bumpers, hope someone post a pic and some info, pretty sure its around the TS forum somewhere

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
The cost of Line-X is outrageous....be sure to get some quotes before you get too set on it. In my case the Line-X cost almost as much as dealership retail to buy complete new bumpers. Some good quality automotive paint would be a fraction of the cost and would last for years.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cost of Line-X is outrageous....be sure to get some quotes before you get too set on it. In my case the Line-X cost almost as much as dealership retail to buy complete new bumpers. Some good quality automotive paint would be a fraction of the cost and would last for years.

good to know i was thinking that Line X would be cheaper then getting the Chrome Bumpers painted to match the truck and look way better, but great info absolutely never would of known thanks!

·
Registered
916 Posts
My local Line-X guy said around $100 to spray the bumper since it was painted steel. Haven't gotten it done yet though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My local Line-X guy said around $100 to spray the bumper since it was painted steel. Haven't gotten it done yet though.

$100 is a great deal, but i would think they would have to treat the chrome for the line x to take properly, no?

·
Registered
916 Posts
$100 is a great deal, but i would think they would have to treat the chrome for the line x to take properly, no?
I would think it takes more prep work to scuff a chrome bumper to get the Line-X to stick than it would take to scuff my painted metal. But, I've spent a lot of time trying NOT to scuff either surface.... so I'm not really an expert on the matter:D!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Maylon in Iraq so don't have much time to search, new there had been threads about this and my TS forum search skills need help, but thanks for the links there very helpfull and appreciated
No problem man I do a lot of searches for a lot of people. Really, I don't mind I'm just grumpy!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem man I do a lot of searches for a lot of people. Really, I don't mind I'm just grumpy!!

No worries its early morning for me here so if your stateside it must bemiddle of the night, or late night depending on coast, I'd be Grumpy too...LOL thanks again fo rthe searches think i'm gonna go Line X xtra instead of powder coat now have to find the best deal in Texas don't mind travelng

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
No worries its early morning for me here so if your stateside it must bemiddle of the night, or late night depending on coast, I'd be Grumpy too...LOL thanks again fo rthe searches think i'm gonna go Line X xtra instead of powder coat now have to find the best deal in Texas don't mind travelng
+1 for LineX xtra. May cost more up front, but shouldn't have to worry about rock chips, etc. like paint or powdercoat. And it will look sweeeeeet!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I'm in the AF and I work night shift, and we are in the middle of 4 consecutive exercises..... So that's why I'm grumpy!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts