Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife took off for work this morning, hopped on the freeway, ran it up to 65 mph, and all of a sudden a Pigeon (she thinks) flew in front of the truck and slammed into the left headlight assembly. She said it looked like it was snowing feathers. However, the turn signal and the headlight assembly is toast. Is there anywhere online to find these parts cheaper than the dealer. I called them and for the two parts it's going to suck up the better part of $400.00! Any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
573 Posts
ebay....try it out

·
Registered
120 Posts
You're not gonna believe this, but you might be in luck, as long as you mean the driver's side when you say left side. I just so happen to have a driver's side headlight for a doublecab! I bought it used off ebay last week for a black headlight project I was going to try, but the idiot neglected to tell me it was for a Doublecab instead of an AccessCab like I have. It is for a 2005-2006, so it has that little extra driving light in there. The guy is willing to return it and give me a refund, but this would be even better, because I'd be helping out someone else instead. It is used, but at least it is OEM and not some aftermarket cheap piece like you'll usually find on ebay. Anyway, I won the auction pretty cheap at $60, so if you're able to match what I paid for it then it's yours.

Edit: Sorry, I just read your post again, and I saw that you need the corner light as well, but unfortunately I can't help you there. However, this might be a perfect opportunity for you to upgrade to clear corners though!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
i was driving home last sunday night with wife in car and all of a sudden, blam, and a shower of feathers. we were doing about 45 and what i'm guessing was a hawk from the rather large wingspan plowed right into the driverside front fender just near the headlight area. it was dark, about 10:30 at night. guess it might have been an owl. anyway, then all day today, birds kept flying really close to the truck - like they were flirting with death in some type of weird game of chicken they could never hope to win.

are tundras becoming suicide machines for avians with nothing to live for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i was driving home last sunday night with wife in car and all of a sudden, blam, and a shower of feathers. we were doing about 45 and what i'm guessing was a hawk from the rather large wingspan plowed right into the driverside front fender just near the headlight area. it was dark, about 10:30 at night. guess it might have been an owl. anyway, then all day today, birds kept flying really close to the truck - like they were flirting with death in some type of weird game of chicken they could never hope to win.

are tundras becoming suicide machines for avians with nothing to live for?

this cannot be true.... are u serious? lol

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
sorry to say.... 'tis true....

maybe they were going for the myriad of bug entrails encrusted on all leading surfaces of the truck? just looking for an easy buffet and.... blam.... lights out.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
LOL, did you ask for the said bird remnants, this sounds like the commercial where the wife keeps getting hit by meteors, and the hubby believes it.

I'm sure it was a real bird and not some mail box.
Try to get OEM this stuff non OEM is crap, I ordered clear corners and :td:

·
Registered
120 Posts
As long as it is in fact the driver's side that he needs, I got him covered for cheap. If it is the passenger's side, then yeah, he will have to try ebay or craigslist. Also, I'll need to know pretty soon if he wants it, cuz otherwise I've gotta return it to the guy I bought it from.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As long as it is in fact the driver's side that he needs, I got him covered for cheap. If it is the passenger's side, then yeah, he will have to try ebay or craigslist. Also, I'll need to know pretty soon if he wants it, cuz otherwise I've gotta return it to the guy I bought it from.

I PM'ed you back. Anaheim is no problem. I'll call you. I already got the turn signal assembly so I'm good to go. Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never had a problem with thepartsbin.com. I do believe the guys that pick the orders at woodworker.com are all .......... shall we say 'marginal'. I feel a new thread, what's worse, internet order pickers or customer service!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts