Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very unhappy with my truck. I love almost everything about it. The ride is awesome, the dash layout is good, the power is good, and the looks are awesome. But, this is the most uncomfortable truck that I have ever driven. My seat sits too low to the frame and my foot rests in an awkward position against the gas pedal. I can't pull my leg up and rest my foot flat because there isn't enough leg room.

I need to either move my seat up vertically or somehow refabricate the gas pedal. Does anyone have any ideas? I've even toyed with the idea of putting a power seat frame under my SR5 cloth seat.

I'd LOVE to buy an 07 but we're moving soon and buying a new truck is several priorities down the list.

I want to (and need to) keep this truck but I need to fix this problem. I can't stand to drive it more than an hour.

Time to tap the collective wisdom here at TS!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
There is a mod that you can do that I did on my older 4runner. Go buy some nylon spacers and longer bolts, install those in the rear seat brackets, this will make the back end of the seat more comfortable and higher, and should improve your leg angles.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to repost this in the 1st gen Tundra forum.
No wonder I counldn't find my post. I don't know how it got here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a dic, I just figured you would get a much better response in the Tundra forum instead of this lightly viewed taco forum.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't trying to be a dic, I just figured you would get a much better response in the Tundra forum instead of this lightly viewed taco forum.
I didn't take it that way. I just could have sworn that I was in the Tundra section when I posted this.

I PM'd the Tundra moderator and asked them to move it.

But I'll take any Tacoma owners suggestions if you have 'em!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I had the same problem with my 02 tundra. the thy support was lacking. I added spacers, about 1/2 inch of washers and a longer grade 8 metric bolt, under the front floor brackets. It raised the front of the seat into a more comfortable position. I just got a used Lexus and the thy support on that car is too low, I will be doing the mod to that car too.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I'd like to find a lunbar suport I can add to the regular cloth seat. I see amother member a while ao with one I think on this site. It was just an air bag that sliped into the seat aposltery, and had a ball that would pump it up.

Anyoen see suck a mod I can buy anywhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts